Snes9x 2nd controller issues.

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by jedi1972, Apr 18, 2016.

1. jedi1972
    OP

jedi1972 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    Good evening everyone, hope you are all well.

I have recently bought a mx8 android box and have installed the snes9x app. Everything works except for the second controller.

I have configured it, mapped keys and so forth, yet when i play a two player game,(super Tennis), it will not work. I have swapped controllers, no problems. I have played single player with both and no problems. No matter what i try i cannot get it to work for two players.

I have also tried super retro16 and that is even worse. When i play two player match, the controller one also controls number 2!!

Any help would be great thank you.

2. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    What emulator are you using?
    You normally need to assign the specific controller to the player, as well as mapping the buttons.

3. jedi1972
    OP

jedi1972 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    Hi pleng, i'm using snes9x.

When i plug them in, it reads as sega controller 1 and sega controller 2. I then input every button individually for each controller, but to no avail.

4. Pleng

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    After configuring the controls for each device, under the heading "Individual Device Settings", press "sega controller 1", this will lead you to a sub menu where you can assign it to player 1. Repeat the process for "sega controller 2", assigning it to player 2

5. jedi1972
    OP

jedi1972 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    thank you. i'll give that a try and get back to you later.:D

6. jedi1972
    OP

jedi1972 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    Well that is strange.

I configure both controllers and i can see the "individual device settings" option and it is highlighted but, when i scroll down it skips that option??

7. Pleng

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    You don't press the 'individual device' option, that's just a sub heading. Underneath that heading your "Sega controller 1" and "Sega controller 2" should be listed. Press on each of those and you get the option to assign player numbers

8. jedi1972
    OP

jedi1972 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    oops...thank you for that. i will try it out and let you know.

9. jedi1972
    OP

jedi1972 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    Well, i tried but to no avail. So i then reinstalled it, pressed the one button configuration and it has seemed to worked!!

I'm scared to remove the controllers in case it resets:lol:

Thanks for your help and hopefully i can start reliving my childhood.

:bow: