OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi there,

I have the snes mini, I've been playing several games : ff3, smw and secret of mana mainly.

when playing smw, I felt some input lag, but I wasn't sure of it. Now that we can try other games, I tried Dr Mario, and now I'm sure input is lagging. before anyone asks me to disable game mode in my tv settings : I have ^^.

For this test, I used Dr Mario on the hardest settings, I mean with a 20 height, you have to be able to move quick, and in the snes mini on my tv, I can't. I tried playing the same game on my pc with an emulator, I could move fast enough. also, it's not exactly the same version, but I have no problem with dr mario on my wii u and my tv.

anybody noticed something like that ?

choupette

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Whats the spec of your TV? Maybe it just has a high lag rate irrespective of Game Mode as some of them do, especially if its old as you say.

I didn't have the exact same problem with dr mario on wii u on my tv. (or snes9x on my pc with the same rom).

I hope you mean you ENABLED game mode. Any sort of image filtering takes time, game mode is supposed to remove all of the filtering.

I haven't played on my snes mini enough to notice anything yet.

I thought I had input lag in smw, but it wasn't that big of a problem, but, in dr mario, it makes the hardest difficulty settings nearly impossible.

Last edited by choupette,

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen anyone really complain about this and I've gone through a little of SMW so far along with some other titles and on my TV which is around a 25-27ms displaylag.com rating on their site I've had no such issues. I can't remember which on the TV as I inherited one last year and it's either higher or lower than the Vizio I was using. I know if I don't disable all the filtering and go with just a game mode or manually entered all disabled fluff features it can cause an issue.

choupette

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I haven't seen anyone really complain about this and I've gone through a little of SMW so far along with some other titles and on my TV which is around a 25-27ms displaylag.com rating on their site I've had no such issues. I can't remember which on the TV as I inherited one last year and it's either higher or lower than the Vizio I was using. I know if I don't disable all the filtering and go with just a game mode or manually entered all disabled fluff features it can cause an issue.

may be it's just me, may be it's my tv. In the end, I don't really play a lot of games on it, I prefer playing with my pc monitor, and it's obviously a game oriented monitor.
I'll do some more test empirical test with my tv and monitor tonight. (I didn't have much free time yesterday evening ^^')

choupette

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I, too have an input lag with SMW. The game is unplayable this way. All other games I have touched so far don't do this

I wouldn't go as far as "unplayable" (we all have different sensations, that's what I feel) but I felt it. like I'm trying to jump, and I have to jump earlier than I'd have to do using a real snes, or a pc emulator.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well any lower ms end tv you can get off the shelf is going to fall in the mid/upper 20s in milliseconds. There are a few that fall into a range 10 under. When I got the vizio around 3 years ago which was a $250 tv then Sony was like first to market with a special internal setup on a 9" smaller set (20") and greedily wanted $600 for it.

To me it felt like a sucker trap as far as TVs go, small and in a crap valley between a legit PC screen which can with some take a HDMI TV signal doing a single digit ms lag rating, or my nice 'low' end for a normal TV -- both which cost notably less.

As it is now I imagine if I had a need for another sub 30" TV I'd probably get a wicked deal on a computer LCD that has the appropriate jacks to pick up HDMI and be done with it. I'd do the same whenever in time my CRT fails in my arcade cabinet as it will be a sharper, cleaner image and weigh a hell of a lot less too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ