SNEEK vWii, can't launch anything

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by undergroundmonorail, Nov 9, 2016.

1. undergroundmonorail
    OP

undergroundmonorail Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    Canada
    I followed this guide for setting up SNEEK on the vWii. That works: I can get into the emulated system. The problem is trying to do stuff once I'm there.

I installed HomebrewFilter (because the Homebrew Channel doesn't work) and I can launch it, but when I try to start either Wiiflow or USB Loader GX it just goes to a black screen and stays there until I pull the plug out of the back of the system.

I also tried installing a forwarder channel for both of the loaders. If I use the USB Loader GX forwarder, it gets as far as "loading application cIOS" and freezes. If I use the Wiiflow forwarder, it makes it to the logo, but soon afterwards it crashes to this screen:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Anyone know how to get this working?

Thanks.

2. Irastris

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    I don't know how to solve your issue, but I'm curious as to why the Homebrew Channel doesn't work. Any reason behind this?

3. undergroundmonorail
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    Canada
    It just boots to the "if you have paid money for this software, you were scammed" screen and stays there. My understanding is that there used to be a big issue with people trying to sell the HBC, so there are a lot of failsafes built into it now. If anything about the environment it's running in is suspicious it only shows that screen. Same reason you can't change the channel id to anything other than "LULZ".

4. Irastris

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Strange. Had you messed around with vWii before hand? I installed HBC using the recently released wuphax and everything worked perfectly.

5. undergroundmonorail
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    Canada
    I can use the HBC from the vWii normally, but not from within the SNEEK system. (I think this is normal.)

6. Irastris

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Oh, I see.

Well, hope you find a solution for your problem with USB Loader GX.

7. Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2015
    Canada
    I don't go map findin' behindin'
    Did you make a SNEEK, or a SNEEK+DI binary? Because DI will use those USB slots for disc channel emulation, and will conflict with many IOS you happen to reload to that have USB modules.
    For the HBC I vaguely remember that you have to change something in the ticket.

8. undergroundmonorail
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    Canada
    Just regular SNEEK.

9. Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2015
    Canada
    I don't go map findin' behindin'
    You should probably only be reloading to IOS58 then. USB modules from cIOS never played well with SNEEK

10. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    I had the same issues and more. SNEEK is just not really usable on a vWii.
    What I found works the best is create a emunand in USB Loader Gx with SNEEK and use it through usbloadergx.
    Games like Castlevania rebirth still work but everytime you leave the game it reboots your whole Wiiu which is pretty tedious if you switch games often but besides that it works perfectly