Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
tattar8 said:
SNEEK isn't working for me. I have a bootmii/boot2+IOS wii. My NAND Dump is that of a 3.2E Wii. THe actual NAND has 4.0U. I used elfins to insert the ES+FS modules into 00000003.app and used Boot2Me to make it boot2.bin.

If I have the SNEEKed SD card inserted at startup, the Wii just blank screens me. If I load Bootmii/IOS, I get a black screen and the DVD drive LED flashes slowly. Have I done something wrong?
happened to me forgot to leave a copy of ppcboot.elf in sneekbootmii folder
You mean my SNEEKed Bootmii folder?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got nothing but bootmii, and strangely i can't get back to wii menu from bootmii. i can only have bootmii as IOS, just did a nand dump, and decrypted it. all folders in the root. system specs:

4.1u cios38rev17

i used the batch file from the poster at the sneek googlecode comments. i think im following all the directions, i usually don't have problems with stuff like this, but sneek is a no go. everytime will start bootmii. i just installed the latest bootmii as well and that is what took the dump. i didnt happen to notice, does fs and es module.elf have to go on the sd?

1guana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
On my 3.2 Wii I have only a minimum set of IOS (9,30,31,35,61,222,223,249) installed and everything (latest Shop channel, Loader, ..) works.

I decrypted my bootmii dump with ShowMiiWads and copied it to my SD root and started SNEEK. But when I try to start something I get an "System files corrupted" message. After I tried to start the shop channel (same error message) i can't even boot SNEEK anymore. Now I get the error message already before the start menu appears.

On my PC I recognized a new sys folder inside /tmp and I can't delete them (neither on windows nor linux). Now I have to format my SD card to try it again.

edit:
[437529.166656] FAT: Filesystem error (dev sdd1)
[437529.166662] fat_get_cluster: invalid cluster chain (i_pos 0)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
i got nothing but bootmii, and strangely i can't get back to wii menu from bootmii. i can only have bootmii as IOS, just did a nand dump, and decrypted it. all folders in the root. system specs:

4.1u cios38rev17

i used the batch file from the poster at the sneek googlecode comments. i think im following all the directions, i usually don't have problems with stuff like this, but sneek is a no go. everytime will start bootmii. i just installed the latest bootmii as well and that is what took the dump. i didnt happen to notice, does fs and es module.elf have to go on the sd?
boot2.bin goes on your SD card root, the alternate armboot.bin goes in the bootmii folder, and you hve to have a decrypted dump. That means use the new dumper crediar posted on the download page.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VashTS said:

4.1u cios38rev17

If you can't compile it google it you'll find it uploaded to one of these mega places

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tattar8
you need to use 0000000e.app not 00000003.app

@1guana
just use chkdsk in windows to repair the sd card. no need to format.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed these instructions
Go to downloads page and download armboot.bin and efm.zip

Extract efm.zip into the same directory as armboot.bin is in, so there should be two elf files and armboot.bin in the directory.

Go to the source page and goto the Trunk directory. From the "ELFIns" directory, download "ELFIns.exe", and from the "Boot2Me??" directory download "Boot2Me??.exe" (to download them, open them, then click "View raw file" at the right hand side)

Put both .exe files in the same directory as the elf files and armboot.bin

Get NUSD, download IOS60v6174 and tick the "decrypt" box

Copy the decrypted "0000000e.app" to the same directory as the elf files, the exe files and armboot.bin

Download my SNEEK.bat from here: http://sifjar.hostoi.com/SNEEK.bat

Put the bat file in the same directory as all the other files

Double click the bat file

im gonna try to dump with cred's fsdump, but i don't think that is my problem. like i said i only get to bootmii screen. does it make a difference if it is autobooted or not? i've been enabling through both HBC and priiloader to get to bootmii.

ahhh, now im getting es identify -1017 unable to identify as SU from fsdump from cred. damn won't simple fs dumper do the same job?

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
i followed these instructions

I also followed those, and I am getting the same errors and problems trying to boot SNEEK through bootmii ios. I'm going to start from scratch to hopefully see where and when I made my mistake.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wilsoff said:
MEGA FAQ

This post is a collection of questions and answers from this thread. It's not my work, I just collated it.
Thanks go to: crediar, Det1re, giantpune, skOld, SifJar, DeadlyFoez, SanGor, pepxl, fenrirWolf, xflak40, daxtsu, cwstjdenobs, diazao, nicksasa, dabotsonline, Leathl, noobwarrior7, etc (sorry if I've missed you)

Thanks for putting this together! Got it up and running. It takes a little longer to load to the health warning screen on mine, but once the System Menu loads, it runs at normal speed for the most part.

Only problem that I have encountered so far is that when I try to update the SNEEK System Menu through a game disc (New Super Mario Brothers Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Brothers Brawl), it has always frozen early on in the update process. This could just be my SD card, though.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just tried as well dude and to no success still, i at least want to see something other than bootmii then i can go from there, but this is annoying as hell, i'm almost ready to give up but i want this to work. i've tried a bootmii dump (decrypted) and a simple fs dump (worked fine with triiforce), so i don't know where the problem lies. is it priiloader that is causing the issue because that is on my dump. is there some special files that i don't know about or am missing? i obviously didn't compile sneek myself, is this required?

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just downloaded the shop channel with NUS and installed it with showmiiwads. Now it shows in the menu and is working.

1guana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giantpune said:
@1guana
just use chkdsk in windows to repair the sd card. no need to format.
Thanks, I forgot to specifiy /F in chkdsk.

CODE\tmp\sysÂÂfirst allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated.
\title0000001000000bÂÂfirst allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated.
\title00000010000002\data\cache.datÂÂfirst allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated.
\title00100000555050ÂÂfirst allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated.
\title0010000\525a4450\contentÂÂfirst allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated.
\title00100000555044\contentÂÂfirst allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated.

Now I tried an update via original disc and it failed right at the start. And after reboot I got the "System files corrupted" message (straight after the health screen message).
Again I have a new folder sys inside /tmp which I can't delete (chkdsk /F fix it for me).

It seems my 1GB Transcend SD card is incompatible with SNEEK (but works flawlessly with my "original" Wii, cover download via cfg usb loader etc.).

I have to try it with another SD card.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
ahhh, now im getting es identify -1017 unable to identify as SU from fsdump from cred. damn won't simple fs dumper do the same job?
I'm getting the same thing from cred's FSDumper.
ES_Identify():-1017
auth as SU failed!
exiting ...

Shall I just use Simple FS Dumper // Full Dump?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I didn't understand what really slow meant...jesus christ, it just seems like it wasn't working, took like a minute to get to system menu. awesome stuff, i hope good things come from this. thank you crediar

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the version of crediar's dumper i have uses IOS35 and it needs a older version or one that has been patched (dopped)

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
may be a dump question, but is the bootmii ppcboot.elf legal to share?
I imagine it's illegal to share based on the bootmii website:
All rights reserved. You may not sell or redistribute this software.
But it's easy to get. The bootmii installer will put in on your sd card for you. But I guess you wanted to put together a one stop shop package.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to put a /SD/ folder on the emulated NAND so the Wii sees the folder as a mounted SD card?
Kind of weird, it's like a virtual SD card.. on a SD card. If so, would it be read/write capable?

EDIT: By the way, I bypassed the -1017 error by using Simple FS Dumper with the Full setting - it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock