SNEEK Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SSJ2 Dark, Aug 14, 2013.

1. SSJ2 Dark
    OP

SSJ2 Dark Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    United States
    I'm a newbie when it comes to Wii hacking, so I have a few short questions about SNEEK.

* Can SNEEK be installed on a LU64+? I found a few forum posts suggesting so, but I just want to confirm with a real person before I buy a used Wii that is LU75.

* Can the system menu version be different between the native Wii and the emulated NAND? I'm not sure where exactly the system menu is stored; I think it's on the NAND since you specify the system menu when making a NAND in ModMii.

* What is the difference between SNEEK and SNEEK +DI? I always read that you need a game file in the SNEEK directory for +DI, so I wonder if it's related to that.

* Does SNEEK have any major incompatibilities with other homebrew apps? I mostly want to use Save Game Manager GX, SNES9XGX, and Wad Manager.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    LU64+ wiis can now do everything older wii's can (with the exception of bootmii @ boot2 I believe), they were only an issue back when they first started coming out.

Everything is stored on the NAND, it is like the Wii's hard drive. So yes, you can use different system menu versions.

S/UNEEK + DI allows for loading backups. With regular S/UNEEK, you can't emulate the disc drive and load games from SD/USB. With DI you can.

S/UNEEK does have incompatibilities with homebrew apps. I really haven't tested much, so I am not sure if those apps will work. Wad manager isn't really necessary though, as you can just install wads through ShowMiiWads on your computer. I believe there are also computer apps for installing and backing up savegames to the emunand, so Save Game Manager GX isn't really needed either.

3. obcd

obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2011
    Belgium
    sneek uses your emulated nand contents on the sd card. uneek gets it from the usb drive.
    The di module allows to load games from usb instead of using the optical drive.

As neek is using the sd card or usb drive, most homebrew can't access that sd card or usb drive anymore.
    Neek2o contained a fix for this issues, but the homebrew had to be tweaked to use it.
    I also have no idea if this fix still exist in the latest versions of neek2o.

I remember reading that Dios Mios had sound issues when it was used in neek2o.
    It also isn't having the game ripping features buildin.

The need for at least one game when using di got fixed.

4. Katalin

Katalin Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2013
    Netherlands
    All homebrew that can access usb through cIOS can use usb in neek2o without tweakes now

5. SSJ2 Dark
    OP

SSJ2 Dark Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    United States
    Awesome, thanks for all the info! Gonna go ahead and get that LU75 Wii!