Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

mayu29

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I finally succeeded to boot CoD 3 USA on my 4.3 E nand, but the game freezes on loading screen after I start a new game. Did anyone have the same problems with CoD 3, could be bad dump?

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
how do you install wad games on uneek+di ? wad manager seems to fail each time after i selected my usb nand

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks... uneek+di is sweet
rolleyes.gif

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Today I downloaded Mega Man 9 and 10 from the Wii Shop Channel, and installed them to my real NAND. I assumed that this wouldn't work to begin with, but when I tried copying the channels to the UNEEK NAND, it failed, as expected. If I remember correctly, this is probably because I do not have the tickets installed for those games. Would it be possible to dump the FS from my real NAND, retrieve the tickets for those games, put them on the UNEEK NAND, and then install those games through the Data Management, or do I absolutely have to use an "unofficial" program?

Also, for what it's worth, I thought about just going onto the Wii Shop Channel through SNEEK, but I am using an LAN Adapter, and get an Error 051420 when trying to access the Shop Channel (LAN Adapter is not detected on UNEEK). Although I will just dump the FS again if necessary, I would like to keep my current UNEEK NAND, if possible. My real NAND is at 3.0U, and my SNEEK/UNEEK NAND is at 4.3U (and yes, the same LAN Adapter allowed me to update to 4.3).

Thanks in advance!

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g4jek8j54 said:
Hi. Today I downloaded Mega Man 9 and 10 from the Wii Shop Channel, and installed them to my real NAND. I assumed that this wouldn't work to begin with, but when I tried copying the channels to the UNEEK NAND, it failed, as expected. If I remember correctly, this is probably because I do not have the tickets installed for those games. Would it be possible to dump the FS from my real NAND, retrieve the tickets for those games, put them on the UNEEK NAND, and then install those games through the Data Management, or do I absolutely have to use an "unofficial" program?

Also, for what it's worth, I thought about just going onto the Wii Shop Channel through SNEEK, but I am using an LAN Adapter, and get an Error 051420 when trying to access the Shop Channel (LAN Adapter is not detected on UNEEK). Although I will just dump the FS again if necessary, I would like to keep my current UNEEK NAND, if possible. My real NAND is at 3.0U, and my SNEEK/UNEEK NAND is at 4.3U (and yes, the same LAN Adapter allowed me to update to 4.3).

Thanks in advance!
I would suggest dumping your real NAND, then using showmiiwads to make a wad of the game and install that to your SNEEK NAND also using showmiiwads

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
try this:

> install first the wad via showmiiwads
> play the game to let it create a savegame
> now install the DLC wad

i also have a question: are we able to use geckoos for cheating with games loaded in DI? i tried it with metroid prime trilogy and it seems not to work. can someone confirm this? thanks

TuRDMaN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got UNEEK+DI working, and I've been playing around with it a bit. Has anyone else tried playing DJ Hero with it? I can start the game, but it just locks up when it tries to connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi (the music keeps playing, but the screen just stays frozen and everything else is unresponsive). Is this a known issue? Any ideas?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New update

R121

DI:
-added Open/Close/Write Ioctlvs(for the dumper)
-commented unused Gecko code out
-removed some unused code

ES:
-added some missing ES: prefixed in the debug output
-fixed a bug in AddTicket where sometime the folders weren't created and ticket install failed
-added DVD-HW code
-added DVDOpen/DVDWrite/DVDClose functions(for the dumper)

SMenu:
-changed the menu code a bit
-added a dumping mode which can dump your discs in RAW format to HDD
-settings are now accessed via the PLUS(X) button
-dump mode is accessed via the MINUS(Y) button

Important notes on the dumping mode:

The dumping mode is still experimental!
The disc you want to dump must be in the Wii from start up!
It does NOT support changing the disc while running and dump another disc. You have to restart the Wii for now.
As SNEEK is using FAT32 the files are splitting into 4GB chunks, every OS has a copy command which is able to join files.
(Just assure you join the files on an HDD which supports large files)
During the dumping burn-in protection doesn't work!
During the dumping the SNEEK menu is not displayed please just wait until it shows "Dumped: ....".
Some dumping times I've measured which depend on your HDD speed!!
GC : 5mins
Wii-SL: 16mins
Wii-DL: 29mins

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. This poses so many questions for me though. I can't even test as I'm still on vacation till Monday. DAMNIT.
frown.gif
smile.gif

danvari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
isn't it possible to update the sneek nand through the wii system update? i am on 4.2E and want to update to 4.3E... but it fails... i know i can build my own 4.3E nand but i thought it would be possible to let the wii update...?

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it is possible. You need to have your ORIGINAL setting.txt from a bootmii dump and you need to configure your internet settings on the SNEEK NAND and that is all.

Phearson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm asking for something I'm not supposed to, I apologize in advance!

I searched through this thread as best as I could, but I didn't see anything for this. There's a lot of posts on HBC 1.0.8 not working and directions on how you can setup 1.0.7 in SNEEK. Is there any chance that someone who already has 1.0.7 could post a download link for the wad and ticket for 1.0.7?

danvari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Yes, it is possible. You need to have your ORIGINAL setting.txt from a bootmii dump and you need to configure your internet settings on the SNEEK NAND and that is all.

does not work for me. i have the original setting.txt (so i dont need to register my wiimote everytime i switch sneek-original) and internet is also configured. hmm...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: or am i?