Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uneek+di just randomly started working for me, no idea how or why i had given up on it completely now it works.
i do have a few tiny problems if anyone can help.
HOTD 2+3 returns boots to black screen
a boy and his blob shows in di menu as Sample Game Name and gives a disc error.
also wiimc wont load from it's own channel or from MMM has anyone gotten it to work in sneek?

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on SNEEK+DI 4.3U emulated nand using xflaks app to get it all done i have a question does Arc Rise of Fantasia run under 4.3U or must i
install IOS33 which i hear it still doesn't work for some reason though...

I have a usa wii with the usa version region set to usa but black screen no wiimote screen either....

I can always return to my real nand to use a usb loader but sneek is so cool and it rocks...

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
leic7 said:
Is it me or is Monster Hunter Tri simply doesn't work on UNEEK+DI? I could get past the safety screen and the logo screens, but when I clicked "Begin Game", it just black screened and stayed like that. I checked and found that the game was able to create a save file in the system memory. I have IOS55 installed.
works a charm for me using uneek di r120 and a 4.3E nand

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
I finally got SNEEK running . I created a nand backup with bootmii months ago before i softmodded ( nand.bin ) , extracted with Showmiiwads , copied everything to SD and added bootmii and SNEEK folders . Anything elso the Sneek installer would have done extra ?

It's time for questions :

- When i load the SNEEK nand the HBC 1.0.5 appears . How do i update to 1.0.7 ? I understand 1.0.8 does not work
- SD card is not detected ! Am i missing something ?
-What can i do with the following files ?
They're currently not on SD but the Sneek installer downloaded them
armboot.bin ( I guess this is actually Sneek compiled , the installer always downloads the newest availble ? )
dimodule.elf
esmodule.elf
fsmodule-sd.elf
fsmodule-usb.elf
0000000E.app
00000001.app
0000000E_patched.app

- Is it better to install cIOsX and Neogamma or Darkcorp ?
- No USB Loader works oficially ? Gx , Wiiflow, CFG , Uloader ? ( saw one guy on youtube using wiiflow )
- Can i use the SD on another console ? I must get the cert.sys from that console ? What about the settings.txt that contains the serial number,do i really need that for Sneek ?

danvari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey guys, i have got a problem with sneek:

i installed uneek-di using this tutorial. uneek-di r115 (crediars installer) and virgin 4.2E using NUSAD. now it works fine, my games are all listed, but none of them are working, instead of manhunt 2 NTSC (setting region to US). but all the others dont work (around 5 or so). it just reboots to the system menu.
now i heard there might be an ios missing. so i looked up what system ios is needed for one game, lets say its ios 35, and opened my sneek nand in showmiiwads. it told me that there is ios 35 (in the virgin firmware), but its size is 0mb (is thar right?). when downloading & packing ios 35 with NUSD its around 1,5mb or so.

what am i doing wrong?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
its not 0 MBs, its a range 0 - 1.x MBs (double check this and u will see for yourself). This is just how showmiiwads reports some IOSs for some reason, even if I were to extract my nand.bin dump and view it using showmiinand it would show the same thing. So basically, your emulated nand should be fine if it was made with NUSAD.

However, I recall longtom1 saying awhile ago that post 4.3 update IOS versions don't play all his games right (works fine for me though), and once he installs the 4.2 versions of the IOSs they start working again. I think Crediar intends to support both the pre and post 4.3 update IOS versions, but for now, some may work better than the other.

So basically, manually install the second most recent version of IOS35 to your emulated nand and see if that fixes your problem.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found that my Wii won't connect to the internet if I do not use my own setting.txt. Just food for thought.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ChokeD try another setting.txt from a real wii it works a charm

@XFlak You're right I did have to install older versions of some IOS's but just for some games(about 3) I was just playing Metroid Other M and it booted and played flawlessly without installing a thing

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
longtom1, how did you get di.bin to compile without it being 0kb? If you could get Monster Hunter 3 to work on yours, then I suppose I should be able to play it as well. Which version of IOS55 do you have? I've tried a few, none worked, and I couldn't get a non-empty di.bin from r120 so I used the autoinstaller...

danvari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
So basically, manually install the second most recent version of IOS35 to your emulated nand and see if that fixes your problem.

ok now i dont know any further. i played a bit with my setup on disk and found out the following:

lets say i have new super mario broth., metroid prime trilogy and battalion wars 2 in my games folder and nothing more. only the _first one_ in the list runs. the others just reboot to system menu. if i put only one of them in the games folder (the others somewhere else) this one WORKS. so this does not make sense for me. i guess nobody else has this problem?
maybe i should try and updated version, i still use r115.

any ideas?

danvari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ahhh i got it working now. it seems there was a bug in r115... now with r120 (compiled on linux machine) all of my games work... yeepaah!
biggrin.gif

@snake32493:
i am running 4.2E in sneek nand, downgraded some ioses (but am not sure if thats the reason), but metroid other m (USA version) works fine here. it only freezes when i try to press the home button, but maybe thats an ios problem.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
snake32493 said:
I hope a fix is made.

This is just a wild guess but it might be because it's an incomplete dump? I have the actual disc shipping next week, so I'll find out then I'm sure.

Edit: Extracting with wit gives me a loop of the safety warning screen.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
also just saying "doesn't work" won't get you much help

I thought I posted more details on this thread, but it might have been elsewhere.

When extracting with DiscEx, the game will show in the disc channel correctly. When I choose to play it, it shows the safety warning screen. And then, the screen goes black, a brief pattern of a few gray dots on a black screen appears, and then I hear a click, and the game locks up entirely (black screen, remote loses sync, HDD stops being accessed).

It's my understanding that the game runs under IOS56... well I have v5405 on my UNEEK+DI 4.2U NAND, and v5661 on my SNEEK+DI 4.3U NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol