Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

primetime83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone get SNEEK+DI working with rev 80?

I created a virgin US NAND and updated to 4.2 (Thanks to this guide!) and got SNEEK to work on rev 80. But once I use boot2_di.bin (renamed to boot2.bin) and di.bin, i just get a black screen (no health warning).

I swapped it with the modded version by conanac and this works. Anyone have any ideas?

mtech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi. I've r80 working with 4.2U. I have no problem with NTSC/USA games. However, it can't seem to detect PAL games. Anyone knows how to overcome t his? Any tool to convert an NTSC ISO to PAL?

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mtech said:
Hi. I've r80 working with 4.2U. I have no problem with NTSC/USA games. However, it can't seem to detect PAL games. Anyone knows how to overcome t his? Any tool to convert an NTSC ISO to PAL?
If I'm not mistaken there is a way to make a region free .bin or another way to do what your asking but I'm not sure where I read it. If you find an answer to this please get back with me.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
mtech said:
If I'm not mistaken there is a way to make a region free .bin or another way to do what your asking but I'm not sure where I read it. If you find an answer to this please get back with me.

gange your region.bin to 00000002 (EUR). Go back to 00000001 whe you want to play a NTSC game.

00000000 JAP
00000001 USA
00000002 EUR
00000003 KOR

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
primetime83 said:

I created a virgin US NAND and updated to 4.2 (Thanks to this guide!) and got SNEEK to work on rev 80. But once I use boot2_di.bin (renamed to boot2.bin) and di.bin, i just get a black screen (no health warning).

I swapped it with the modded version by conanac and this works. Anyone have any ideas?

i had this problem
i fixed it by making my sneek stuff on usb my primary partition worked first time after that

primetime83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diddy81 said:
primetime83 said:

i had this problem
i fixed it by making my sneek stuff on usb my primary partition worked first time after that

I made my FAT32 partition as the active primary partition and my WBFS as primary partition (don't know how to change it to something else) and still doesn't work. Does it not like the WBFS partition?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
what cluster size is your HDD set at?

SNEEK/UNEEK apparently on works with a 32KB cluster sizes and lower(this can be set when formatting with advanced tools) anything higher wont work

72353342.png

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having major issues launching homebrew. HBC gives me the scam screen for about a minute and the HackMii installer won't run on SNEEK, says there's no vulnerable IOS.

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
primetime83 said:
diddy81 said:
primetime83 said:

i had this problem

I made my FAT32 partition as the active primary partition and my WBFS as primary partition (don't know how to change it to something else) and still doesn't work. Does it not like the WBFS partition?
Make sure the sneek partition is the first partition on the disk... in other words: delete all partitions then format the sneek fat32 partition first then make all other partitions.

primetime83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
what cluster size is your HDD set at?

SNEEK apparently on works with a 32KB cluster sizes and lower(this can be set when formatting with advanced tools) anything higher wont work

It says 16,384 bytes in each allocation units. So 16 KB

I'll your suggestion cthg

windy2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Here's a way to install HBC natively on the SNEEK NAND:
1. Delete HBC completely from your Sneek Nand (or never have it installed)
2. Install this wad to your sneek nand (using showmiiwads): HBC Installer - HBCI.wad
3. It will load, in this order: usb:/boot.elf, usb:/apps/hackmii_installer_v0.6/boot.elf, sd:/boot.elf, sd:/apps/hackmii_installer_v0.6/boot.elf
4. Now HBC should install to your Sneek nand through the normal installer.

Follow the awesome guide, I setup uneek successfully, and update it to 4.2u. Thank you guys....

In virgin nand, I install "HBC Installer - HBCI.wad" with showmiiwads, and put hackmii_installer_v0.6's boot.elf to the both root of sd and usb, but when I run the channle it's just cause the sim-nand restart and nothing happened....

I try to hack the sim-nand with bannerbomb, but it frozen in scam screen (I've waited for a half hour, no "Press 1 to continue" appeared). With the Multi-Mod Manager I delete all of the stub IOS, but it always hangs when update IOS or TBR, it seems that the sim-nand is refuse to be writen...

I am puzzle, someone help me, thank you !

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble formatting my 1TB drive to FAT32. Could anyone suggest a good tool to do so that also lets me set cluster size?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just like subway they lie about length