OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I've been searching Google for about half an hour now to no avail... I'm looking for an IRC server/service that allows you to send text messages/SMSs. I think it would be nice to be able to text my friends from ClIRC. I use bitlbee for MSN, but unfortuanetly it doesn't appear bitlbee supports texting phones through MSN (You can text phones in MSN). I don't think it supports offline messages to friends, either, which is a bummer. =/ Any help with texting from the DS?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It has been several years since I cared (and it was not stateside when I did) but are there no more websites that do if for you?

Ferinex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but last I checked, you can not access websites from ClIRC :] I currently do it from my gmail, but I'd rather be able to do it from ClIRC, as it would be quicker and easier than using Opera. Plus, I could use MSN at the same time, then.

Ferinex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
If you want gmail then ndsmail may be an idea:
http://blog.bronto-online.de/

I do not have a mobile phone and even then text messages were not something I cared for.

I HAVE gmail working on my DS just fine via the Opera browser. If you had read my post, you would have seen that.

QUOTE(jdbye @ Jan 23 2009, 01:44 PM) Use one of the many DS web browsers to access a SMS sending website.

Did NEITHER of you even READ my posts?

I already found an IRC channel that does what I want anyways.

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
ohhh man, you are using an IRC channel's bots to send sms messages to your friends???? If i was one of your friends i would be PISSED!!!! you are handing out known working cell numbers to complete strangers (think sms spam). This not a very smart move.

Ferinex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't actually used it yet, and no, I'm running the channel myself.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: