Smoking sd reader!

DAVYSGAMING

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Hey guess so last week i lost 3 pins on my sd connector form my nintendo switch so i decided to put it in for repair, Today it came back but when i inserted my sd card the sd reader started to smoke and it broke my sd card + sd reader (burned), When i tested my switch i still worked fine except for the sd card and reader! However i did put it back in to the repair shop ofc it wasn't my fault that happend. So my question is do you thing a other replacement connector would be fine or is my switch screwed?

Oh yeah also when it came back from the repair i injected my hekate payload and i got a message connector or sd card reader broken runs at 1-bit, If this was a good fix it wouldn't show the message correct?

Sorry for bad english lol

• Sad
Reactions: Blythe93

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its hard to know. Smoke means that some wores were crossed and when you put your sdcard in you closed the circuit and those crossed lines started carry power and stsrted to burn up somewhere. That is never a good thing, but how bad it is depends when were that short was at. If it was just in the reader end then you may be fine. If it was on the port end then a new reader probably wont fix the damage and the port will need to be replaced most likely. That short may have also lead to other components burning out as well.

It could be a quick fix or it could be a lot worse.

All that being said, that accident should have happened in the shop when they tested their repair work before returning it to you. I wouldnt recommend returning to that shop again.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guess so last week i lost 3 pins on my sd connector form my nintendo switch so i decided to put it in for repair, Today it came back but when i inserted my sd card the sd reader started to smoke and it broke my sd card + sd reader (burned), When i tested my switch i still worked fine except for the sd card and reader! However i did put it back in to the repair shop ofc it wasn't my fault that happend. So my question is do you thing a other replacement connector would be fine or is my switch screwed?

Oh yeah also when it came back from the repair i injected my hekate payload and i got a message connector or sd card reader broken runs at 1-bit, If this was a good fix it wouldn't show the message correct?

Sorry for bad english lol

How was the repair done, did he replace the whole connector on the board, or did he solder wires to connect the missing pins to the SD card flex?

DAVYSGAMING

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
How was the repair done, did he replace the whole connector on the board, or did he solder wires to connect the missing pins to the SD card flex?
Replacement of connector but he did the same repair last year + he added traces also. And now he only did the connector replacement, But yeah when it came back i inserted my sd card and i heard a weird noise and yeah i smelled burn so now my sd reader + card are broken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto