Smash T.V Arcade, What Emulator?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by mrmilkman, Sep 21, 2016.

1. mrmilkman
    OP

mrmilkman Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2008
    Hey guys, I'm trying to get Smash T.V Arcade version (not the Snes etc) working on my Wii. I tried Mame Wii but it doesn't seem to be supported. Does anyone know what emulator I need to use?

Thanks

2. rkChdrkls

rkChdrkls Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2010
    United States
    Try the latest RetroArc nightly build https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wii , load the mame200 core and and use the correct rom of Smash TV for that mame build (it uses mame roms from ver 0.37 BETA 5)
    Otherwise I have played the PC DOS version in dosbox on the Wii. (Easily the best version and closest to the arcade than the other formats like Snes and Amiga).

Last edited by rkChdrkls, Sep 21, 2016
  3. soniccomcisbr

soniccomcisbr GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    The wii nightlies are not working since August 29th. I dont remember if mame2000 core its included on the stable version. Now, Im pretty sure you can run Smsh Tv on Midway Arcade Treasures for Game Cube. Use Nintendont

mrmilkman likes this.
  4. mrmilkman
    OP

mrmilkman Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2008
    Thanks for the reply, any chance you could hold my hand through the process??

5. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Get yourself a copy of Midway Treasures for GameCube.
    Install Nintendont on the Wii.
    Put the Midway Treasure Iso on the SD Card.
    Run Nintendont.
    Profit.

mrmilkman and KiiWii like this.
  6. Harpuia20

Harpuia20 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    United States
    Just tested it on the last working nightly build for Retroarch on the Mame2000 core and I can confirm that it works. The working nightly has been posted here before, and you'll need the mame .37b romset, which someone has uploaded to the internet archive so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding that.

7. mrmilkman
    OP

mrmilkman Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2008
    Thanks guys. I ended up following ScarletDreamz advice and installed Nintendont. Worked like a charm :)

ScarletDreamz likes this.