ROM Hack Smash Bros. simple model-swap question

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've been looking through a number of Super Smash Bros. modding threads and off-site tutorials. What I would like to do is very simple, but I haven't tried it yet because even basic mods require some special tools for extracting and reinstalling data from the game.

For some characters that have alternate models (not just alternate colours/textures), I want to swap the original and alternate models. I've noticed that character-based trophies use the actual character models, so this way I can get their original trophy poses with the alternate models and vice-versa. I've done this in several other 3DS games by just swapping the filenames of the two models.

Would somebody be able to confirm that this can be done in SSB4-3DS? An explanation of how to do it would be great, but I can probably figure it out if I know where to look.

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, an update on this.

Most of the SSB4 data is in something called a "DTLS filesystem" which consists of two files: "dt" and "ls" (no entensions). I've got these files from the RomFS.

But I can't find anything that lets me explore, extract, or repack them. I've looked through half a dozen tutorials and they're all either outdated, all over the place with conflicting or missing info, or make use of tools that aren't compatible with the way newer versions of HackingToolkit3/9DS handle rom extraction.

I just want to swap a couple filenames in the data. :P This shouldn't be so difficult.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over