ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we change what the music file says in the sound test menu or is that exclusive to rom hacking only? For example changing the song title in the beginning of the match to say Deaf to all but song instead of Smile and Tears

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rom Hacking
damn

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did this for fun and for my friend and he really thought Phoenix Wright was in Smash when he saw this!
#Wright For Smash!
(Also changed remix to old remix to differentiate it from the pink one for a new remix)
2z9mwdf.jpg
Can you explain to me how you did this please?

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you explain to me how you did this please?
For the text I used msbteditor.exe (specifically Msbteditor reloaded) and edited the text in Sound.msbt. As for the portrait it's located in one of the chr_## folders in /ui/replace/chr

Reactions: Eddypikachu

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas as to how I might change battlefield to another stage? It'd be a static image, so no worries there. I'd need to remove all the weather in the background, though, and edit the stage itself. Any ideas?

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Would anybody have managed to find the files which contain the background of the main menu? I can't find them anywhere...

Zachers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to look if there is a .msbt file or a .tex file that has 1.1.5 in it.
Thank you, I would appreciate that. I have looked in so many of those files and for some reason I could not find it. Tried to not have to post here but it has been a few days and I cannot find it.

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you, I would appreciate that. I have looked in so many of those files and for some reason I could not find it. Tried to not have to post here but it has been a few days and I cannot find it.
I've got an idea : try to dump a 1.0.1 update to see wich file were edited to show 1.0.1.
I'll try that tomorrow.

Zachers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an idea : try to dump a 1.0.1 update to see wich file were edited to show 1.0.1.
I'll try that tomorrow.
I did that with the 1.1.5 update because I was merging the data of the original game with the update. I will try searching in just those files more.

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Speaking of that someone knows if the black void of Peach and the Galaxy of Rosalina can be removed
Well that's kinda different to @Eddypikachu 's corrin example... Someone could get the Japanese corrin model and we would have an uncensored model, but until we can vertex mod on 3ds, I don't think this is possible

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking more along the lines of a simple texture hack to remove corrins censor

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    722.2 KB · Views: 673

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the cxi file that I got from braindump was only 1GB, is this normal or did something go wrong in the dumping process and I should redump the whole smash cxi file all over again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ