smartphone vs computer

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by meornot0, Sep 6, 2010.

Sep 6, 2010

smartphone vs computer by meornot0 at 1:31 PM (1,123 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. meornot0

Member meornot0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2009
    United States
    My birthday is coming up, and i will want either a smartphone or parts to a pc.

The smarthphone is the droid 2

the computer will be of these specs
    and an hd i already have

The pc is meant to be upgraded eventually to an x6

Which should i get
  2. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    It depends what you intend to use either for. With a PC you can do much more, except you don't have the mobility that a smartphone offers.
    The graphics card you selected is also a weak one if you intend to do anything such as game on that pc.

Personally I'd choose a decent pc over a smartphone. *shrugs*
  3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    United Kingdom
    Personally I'd rather a decent smartphone over a budget PC, or maybe even a netbook with Android. Then again, it depends on the smartphone. I have the G1 now and I'm now able to upgrade to a new phone, but I'm having a difficult time deciding what to get. The Galaxy S, the iPhone, or wait a while for the HTC Desire HD or the PSP-phone to come out. I get a discount no matter what I pick, but they're still expensive choices.

EDIT: I don't feel like making a new point to address the post below - smartphones DO have flash (at least a "lite" version). Furthermore, flash on mobiles is still being developed because there is a huge demand for internet on phones to be the same as internet anywhere else. When 4G enters a full rollout, smartphones will also have full speed broadband (theoretically up to 100Mbps roaming and 1Gbps local), eliminating the argument that smartphones have "slow" internet. Currently only available in a few certain cities for testing (and only a couple phones too).
  4. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Sep 24, 2008
    Get a new computer, you will regret it if you get a smartphone! The PC has flash, games, and free access to internet! Why not get a good PC and better internet speed for your room.