smartphone vs computer

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by meornot0, Sep 6, 2010.

1. meornot0

meornot0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2009
    United States
    My birthday is coming up, and i will want either a smartphone or parts to a pc.

The smarthphone is the droid 2

the computer will be of these specs
    and an hd i already have

The pc is meant to be upgraded eventually to an x6

Which should i get
  2. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    It depends what you intend to use either for. With a PC you can do much more, except you don't have the mobility that a smartphone offers.
    The graphics card you selected is also a weak one if you intend to do anything such as game on that pc.

Personally I'd choose a decent pc over a smartphone. *shrugs*
  3. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Personally I'd rather a decent smartphone over a budget PC, or maybe even a netbook with Android. Then again, it depends on the smartphone. I have the G1 now and I'm now able to upgrade to a new phone, but I'm having a difficult time deciding what to get. The Galaxy S, the iPhone, or wait a while for the HTC Desire HD or the PSP-phone to come out. I get a discount no matter what I pick, but they're still expensive choices.

EDIT: I don't feel like making a new point to address the post below - smartphones DO have flash (at least a "lite" version). Furthermore, flash on mobiles is still being developed because there is a huge demand for internet on phones to be the same as internet anywhere else. When 4G enters a full rollout, smartphones will also have full speed broadband (theoretically up to 100Mbps roaming and 1Gbps local), eliminating the argument that smartphones have "slow" internet. Currently only available in a few certain cities for testing (and only a couple phones too).
  4. Canonbeat234

Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Sep 24, 2008
    Get a new computer, you will regret it if you get a smartphone! The PC has flash, games, and free access to internet! Why not get a good PC and better internet speed for your room.