Small issue with .gct files

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by KHANV1CT, May 22, 2013.

  1. KHANV1CT
    OP

    KHANV1CT Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    63
    6
    May 22, 2013
    United States
    First off, my hat goes off to everyone working in the Wii modding community. This crap is confusing. I remember modding my original Xbox years ago and everything was so simple...it just worked. On the Wii you have all these IOS's and a different program for everything, and 8.5 million different settings that have to be just right. Whew! Anyway, after fighting with my Wii I finally have everything up and running. I had the hardest time trying to get Metroid Prime to work. I tried my original disc and various other ISO's and it just kept freezing at the menu. It was the ONLY game that would not work. After updating to the latest d2x v10(I think I had v6 on there before) it finally worked!

    Now, I tried using some cheat codes with Ocarina but I am not having any success. I have all my paths set but it is just not being discovered. It even says "GM8E01.gct" does not exist, starting game without cheats" or something like that. It's literally in the folder.

    File paths:
    CODES usb1:/codes .gct files are named [game id].gct
    GAMES usb1:/games

    I don't use an SD card. I've tried other loaders, Neogamma is a bust(doesn't pick up any of my games), Wiiflow doesn't detect the cheats, cfgusbloader doesn't detect them.

    Using latest version of USB Loader GX (r1214 I think)
    Dios Mios 2.9
    d2x v10 r52 249

    To be clear this is only for .gct files I have created using the tutorial on this site. It will still connect and download cheats from the Wiird db/code gecko db and get codes from there but the selection is rather sparse for Gamecube games. Also, I haven't tried doing custom .gct for Wii games so I don't know if it picks those up.
     
  2. KHANV1CT
    OP

    KHANV1CT Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    63
    6
    May 22, 2013
    United States
    Well, seeing how nobody is every going to reply or help with this issue. I tried various things to get this to work. Finally as if by some random, retarded magic it works. Even though I tried it before somehow USB Loader GX finally picked up the codes in .txt form and allowed me to create .gct files from that. So there ya go.