Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Hi there
smile.gif

I just recently got a DSTT and with it I use and 8gb micro sdhc from SanDisk. I think it is a class 2 card as there is a number 2 with a ring around in printed on the micro sd card.

My problem is in-game, playing pokemon Heart Gold (problem also occurs in Pokemon White, but I have not tried any more games). If I enter a building in the game I have to wait up to 12 seconds before the new area loads (12 seconds black screen). This usually takes 3 seconds, and does so on two of my friends DSTT (but they have other sd cards).

Why is it taking such a long time to load things in the game? Generally loading things, even submenus, seems to take longer than usual. I have tried formatting my card with this command: "format I:/fs:fat32 /a:64K", but also I have tried in other ways.

How can i fix the long loading times?

Thank you in advance (
happy.gif
)

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
AmazingWeasel said:
Why is it taking such a long time to load things in the game? Generally loading things, even submenus, seems to take longer than usual. I have tried formatting my card with this command: "format I:/fs:fat32 /a:64K", but also I have tried in other ways.
Did you just format your SD card using Windows? Don't do that, use this instead. Windows doesn't do a good job in formatting SD cards properly, in general.

If that still doesn't work then yes, you need a better SD card. What you are looking for is one with good read speeds, as slow read speeds are what slows/freezes your game. MicroSD classes reflect write speeds and not read speeds, of course, but on the other hand a higher class usually means a better-made card, which often translates to a better read speed.

This topic has some links to good microSD cards, if you want to buy online (don't buy from ebay or anything, get a good and new card from a reputable store). Alternatively just get a class 4 or class 6 from a good brand and from a reliable brick-and-mortar shop.

(this was mostly obtained from rydian's FAQ, see there for more info)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up