Slow boot time on injected GBA games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Toaddd, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Toaddd
    OP

Toaddd Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2016
    Canada
    Here's the times compared to a modded old 3DS and a clean ambassador game.
    1. My New 3DS with an Overclock:0:21
    2. Ambassador Old 3DS:0:07
    3. Old 3DS with RXTools: 0:13

My New 3DS has Arm9loaderhax installed with AureiNand 5.0 and updated sysnand. I also have a 128GB class 10 micro SD card. I should also mention I did not hard patch AGB_FIRM, I just let AureiNand auto patch it on the fly. Unsurprisingly the rom size did affect the speed a bit, when I loaded a Pokemon game it increased the original time by an extra 5 seconds.

I would also like to know if others are getting slow boot times on GBA games with either Arm9 or AureiNand and if hard patching AGB_FIRM would improve the boot speed.

I know it's not a huge difference but it adds up, I also heard even with the sleep mode patch the game continues to run in the background, and thus drains the battery. So it wouldn't be the best idea to leave my 3DS in sudo sleep mode all day.

Thanks for reading. :)

Last edited by Toaddd, Apr 17, 2016
  2. astronautlevel

astronautlevel But he's a guy

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    GBA VC reboots the console into DS mode so it makes sense that it would take longer to boot.

3. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Yep, it's normal. As for me, it takes about 15s to boot. (new 3ds a9lh aureinand sys 10.7). Try to use another sd card (4GB), maybe it will decrease the time boot...

Last edited by Omegadrien, Apr 17, 2016
  4. Toaddd
    OP

Toaddd Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2016
    Canada
    I know but, for some odd reason my N3DS specifically takes longer then others 3DSs.

5. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Maybe the sd card (128GB)? Do you use an 128GB sd card on your old 3ds?

Last edited by Omegadrien, Apr 17, 2016
  6. Toaddd
    OP

Toaddd Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2016
    Canada
    You might be right, however my old 3ds isn't patched to run GBA cias. I guess I'll test to see if there's a difference between the SD cards.

Thanks for the help.