OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
slighty_magic_zx_spectrum_8bit_kickstarter_reboot_help_save_slighty_magic_image.jpg

Slightly Magic was an arcade-adventure game written by Colin Jones and released in 1991 by Codemasters for the Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum. The game play has been compared to Dizzy, where the player must explore and find items in order to proceed. Slightly Magic expanded upon this concept by incorporating spells, that when merged with certain items, can alter the main characters physical structure into a bird, fish, and even an invisible form of himself.

The rights to the game have recently reverted back to Colin Jones, who upon playing the game after so many years quickly realized that there was room for improvement. His desire was not only to remake this retro classic for a variety of systems (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, OUYA), but also to finally release the lost trilogy of Slightly games.

OUYA has agreed to match each pledge up to a max of $250,000. If enough money is raised, then Jones will release an updated build of Slightly Spooky, his unreleased [yet completed] sequel to the 1st game. He will also plan and develop the final game in the trilogy, something he has always desired to accomplish.

If you enjoy classic retro gaming, grew up with one of the systems Slightly Magic was released on, or simply want to support a good cause, navigate to the Kickstarter campaign. For more about the game be sure to check the links below.

:arrow: Slightly Magic 8bit Legacy Edition Kickstarter Campaign
:arrow: Slightly Magic WIKI Article
:arrow: Game Play Video

Reactions: VatoLoco

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
I've just recently begun to dive into the zx spectrum archives and have really been enjoying the black bg w/bright color sprites games. Nice to to see some enthusiasm and rekindling of an old project.
i'd love to see this game ported to teh GCWZero l'Abbaye des Morts styley.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
like always, it is you and i conversing in these threads. i don't mind, i just feel sad for the future of gaming. if you can't appreciate the simplistic fundamentals and gameplay of a zx spectrum classic, then you probably can't be saved. i backed this project. i hope it gets funded because i would love to play it on the OUYA. it is still early but i don't think the £12,000 goal for the 3rd part of the trilogy is feasible. i'll be happy if he brings just the remake out, ecstatic if he manages to get the sequel produced, and perhaps any extra money will be enough to encourage the development of the 3rd game.

it is funny that you mentioned the zero. i have been approaching every retro remake project, linux platformer, etc, and asking about a possible zero port. if their file repository (store) was up and running, i think this would be a realistic option for some kickstarter campaigns. but right now they are probably more focused on iOS and Android. those systems have already proven to be money makers. with something like the zero i think it becomes more a labor of love.

-another world

Barta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have played so many games on the Spectrum but I don't december this one.
But I love to see old Spectrum games being released on modern devices.
Can't wait to play all those 'Ultimate Play the Game' games or the Wally games!

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember this game faintly, I was initially thrown off by the kickstarter until I saw the screenshots then it immediately clicked in what this was. Thanks for sharing, will support here soon.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
game wasn't fully funded...but he's still making the Legacy Edition on modern platforms. WOW. usually when new age devs fail a kick starter they get immature and pissy as fuck. What a guy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.