Sleep.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Cloak519, Feb 7, 2011.

Feb 7, 2011

Sleep. by Cloak519 at 10:13 PM (1,648 Views / 0 Likes) 33 replies

1. Cloak519
    OP

Member Cloak519 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Generally just wondering about sleep [​IMG].
    How well do you sleep? How long do you sleep for? Do you use any special techniques to get to sleep?
    I'm a pretty pants sleeper but I'm slowly getting better. I'm trying to stick to a rough sleeping pattern and it seems to be working.
    The only problem is that I feel sleepier now that I've been getting more sleep. Makes me want to sleep less again.
    Also, does anyone know how to get to sleep on those nights where you feel restless and have a gazillion thoughts racing through your head?
    I find it very hard to calm myself... tried sleep hypnosis videos and stuff and no luck hehe.

2. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    I sleep like a log, mostly.
    For about 7 or 8 hours.
    And my only "special technique" is sleeping while lying on my belly. I can't sleep otherwise.
    My problem is that I hate sleeping, it's such a big waste of time. But we all MUST do it. *sigh*

3. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    I can sleep pretty well, I mean, who doesn't? ... Unless you get nightmares I guess. >:
    I can sleep for as long as I want, as long as I don't hear any sounds.
    If you wanna go to sleep easily just skip one day's worth of sleep, you'll become really tired (obviously).

4. .Chris

Member .Chris Pffft.

United States

meh, when i sleep, i go in a full 360 degrees! [​IMG]

5. Cloak519
    OP

I speak to a dude online who gets little sleep... 4-5 hours a night apparently. But they do nap during the day so maybe that helps [​IMG].

6. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    I sleep around 8 hours on holidays, when I have to wake up early I sleep around 4.

My "trick" to fall asleep is to make my mind blank and I eventually fall asleep.

7. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    What is a "pretty pants sleeper" [​IMG]

I generally get 8-9 hours of sleep. To get to sleep more quickly, I'll play my DS in bed. Dunno why it has that effect on me.

8. PeregrinFig

Member PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

United States
    I have no difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep. I'm still in high school though and that means I have to wake up at 6 AM on weekdays, and I can't get myself to go to bed early every night. On weekdays I usually get 6-8 hours of sleep, but on weekends I sleep so much that I actually feel bad when I wake up and wish I would've gotten up earlier. Sleeping 10-12 hours can do that to you.

9. Cloak519
    OP

Haha! Well... lets just say I don't sleep in ugly pants [​IMG].
    I've been avoiding electronic equipment because I read somewhere that bright screens were bad before bed... but I'll give it a shot.

10. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    I sleep too much. I think something is wrong with me, I can sleep 10-12 hours, and still be tired.

11. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    I have the feeling that the more you sleep, the more you want to sleep after.

12. Cloak519
    OP

Damn that's a lot. But fair enough if it's what you enjoy doing.

13. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    I generally aim to get 8 hours of sleep a night when I'm working, but it never pans out like that. Partly because I stay up late to write my stories and the like, and partly because even if I do try to get some sleep, I'm plagued by horrific nightmares anyway. I think that's part of the reason I'm always on edge, ready to kill. The other part being how good the people around me are at pissing me off.

14. Cloak519
    OP

...and there I was expecting us all to be insomniacs for some reason [​IMG].

15. Alex221

Member Alex221 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i get about 4-5 hours of sleep even on school nights,yesterday it was about 2 A.m central time and i have my clock set up to wake up at six to go to school ,so i said crew it and i turned off my clock and took an advil pm pill

16. Cloak519
    OP

Trust that to happen after I comment on how much we sleep.
    How often do you feel tired?

17. Alex221

United States
    i feel tired from when i wake up at i only feel tired at dawn. i cant go to sleep if i try to go to sleep from 8:00 to 10:00 without a pill

18. Pyrmon

Member Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

Canada
    I sleep for about 6-7 hours on week days and generally 7-8 hours on weekends.
    Like a few people here, I hate sleeping because I think it's a complete waste of time. I mean, if you think about it, you spend almost a third of your life sleeping. That's a lot. Because of that, I tried to make that time worthwhile and started to use special sleeping techniques to have lucid dreams. Best idea ever. Instead of being asleep and dreaming about monster dragon sheep that like to eat broccoli and shit out gummy bears, I can do whatever the fuck I want. That means a lot of wet dreams, simulations of oral presentations and other stuff, practicing talking to girls, etc. Now I have more fun asleep than awake.

19. Alex221

United States
    sorry for me being off topic but,ive been trying to have lucid dreams also,how did you learn to have them?

20. Cloak519
    OP

You can actually have lucid dreams? How'd you train yourself to do that?
    I've always wanted to try it but I heard that it can be dangerous. Not sure exactly how true that is, though.
    Speaking of sleep... guess where I'm headed now?