Skyward Sword gamecube controller codes?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ploder, Jul 20, 2014.

1. ploder
    OP

ploder Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2014
    Hi

I have searched here and elsewhere and discovered that there was a code for Skyward Sword that allowed you to play this game without wii remote plus and use for e.g gamecube controller. What is the status of this code if it exists? Last I heard it was working, but didn't allow you to finish game. Was any progress made?

Could anyone explain/walkthrough how to actually achieve this? I found that a code was made for Donkey Kong Country Returns that hacks normal controller support.

2. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    I remember there was a code that just let you use a normal Wiimote. It was really bad.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    yeah i remember some weeks ago an user asked for that code.. but the game needs the "plus" for most of the game....

but the wii motion plus accessory is selling for 6-20 euros on amazon its not expensive... (at least is not the usual 30/45/50€)

i understand about wanting to use a gamcube controller (or a normal controller) instead of the wii mote, i also thing this game would be very cool if given the option to play with a normal controller

but i do think you need more than a "code" i do believe you needed to patch\mod the game in some way... i don't think a simple gameshark\genie code would make you to use a gamecube controller

4. ploder
    OP

ploder Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2014
    It's not about the cost. It's about making things work for you, just the way you like them.

Considering the amazing developments in wii homebrew/softmod, getting skyward sword working well with other controllers must be really tough otherwise someone probably would have done it by now. The only thing I find through google is dolphin emulator related youtube vids.

Even if it is too difficult to achieve it would be cool if someone with the knowledge could explain in theory how it could be done.