Hacking Skyward Sword Controller Lockup

edgeman83

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I am running into an issue while trying to play Skyward Sword. The game runs great, no crashes or loading issues... except for a controller issue part way through the game. Shortly after a minigame that teaches how to play the instrument, the controls stop responding. None of buttons on the wiimote do anything and the only one on the Wii that will work is the power button to hard power it down. The game itself keeps doing its thing, except that I can't advance the text box. I just recently updated my Wii's IOSes using ModMii and I am using the Configurable USB Loader with cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6. I have tried cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6, but it does the same thing. Is this some copy protection thing and has anyone else had this issue?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Okey...
I assume you are using cfg v70? What region is the game? Does it always happen at the same spot?
Is it your own backup or have you downloaded it?

If its your own backup, try the disc and/or reripping it.
If its a downloaded copy, try redownload.

edgeman83

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okey...
I assume you are using cfg v70? What region is the game? Does it always happen at the same spot?

Yes, it was cfg v70 and it was the NTSC version of the game. It always happened at the same spot. It was a downloaded copy and I am getting a new copy of it right now.

I just tried running it with Wiiflow, with cIOS223[37-38]-v4 and it got past that spot, only to go to a black screen shortly after. Oddly enough, I could get back to the Wii menu so it wasn't a complete freeze. Does antipiracy stuff ever act like this? Oh and your help has been awesome, by the way!

Woxo

Trophies
XP
Country
Okey...

Yes, it was cfg v70 and it was the NTSC version of the game. It always happened at the same spot. It was a downloaded copy and I am getting a new copy of it right now.

I just tried running it with Wiiflow, with cIOS223[37-38]-v4 and it got past that spot, only to go to a black screen shortly after. Oddly enough, I could get back to the Wii menu so it wasn't a complete freeze. Does antipiracy stuff ever act like this? Oh and your help has been awesome, by the way!

Do you have an updateon this? I too have the same problem and just as you did, I tried with cIOS223[37-38]-v4 just to get past the harp and get a black screen. Any ideas about this?

Woxo

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay.. So I guess this was a ISO fault.. I Got another backup (The Sushi PAL release)
It is working perfectly with this one! Changed the savegame from NTCS-U to PAL (there are tutorials on this forum about this) and picked it up right where it freezed!

I would recomend doing just that!

Have a nice weekend

kevin2damax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.. So I guess this was a ISO fault.. I Got another backup (The Sushi PAL release)
It is working perfectly with this one! Changed the savegame from NTCS-U to PAL (there are tutorials on this forum about this) and picked it up right where it freezed!

Have a nice weekend

Hey Woxo, I had the same exact issue with my copy of the game, except at a different location in the game for me, and I am far too into the game to start anew with the PAL Version. I am obtaining a PAL copy as I speak, but I was wondering if you, or anyone for that matter point me in the right direction for converting my NTSC save file to a PAL format? I've searched for a good while but was unable to find any good results.

Thanks!

esahc161

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Have a nice weekend
I am having the same issue. When I click on my saved game file it enters into the game and I can run around for about 5 seconds and the wiimote stops responding. I was wondering where I could find resources on how to change my savefile from NTSC-U, to PAL and how to place the new save file in order for the new ISO to accept it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof