Skyrim Save File Lag

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Dec 6, 2011.

Dec 6, 2011

Skyrim Save File Lag by Another World at 6:17 AM (1,770 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG]

Josh Sawyer, from Obsidian Entertainment, has made a few public comments in regards to the Skyrim save lag. Sawyer explains that the PS3 uses a split memory pool, 256MB for the system and 256MB for graphics. For this reason the PS3 is more prone to the save game lag than the 360, which suffers from the same issue but is not as noticeable. According to Sawyer, the issue is an engine level issue that can not be so easily addressed. Bethesda is attempting to fix the Skyrim problem, and while patches are great they do not excuse the company from releasing buggy software built upon a buggy engine that was reported about way back when Fallout 3 was released.

[​IMG] Source

2. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

interesting... I still don't understand completely, but yeah... I got both the PC and 360 version, glad I don't have a PS3, I'd be pissed :P

1 person likes this.
  3. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    Costello, does it work fine on PC? I head it has some compatibility issues with a ton of graphics cards.

4. brandonspikes

Member brandonspikes King Erazer

United States
    Only problem with PC was Crashing to Desktop, and after the latest patch I've had none
    I put 40 hours into Skyrim in the past week and only had crashes pre patch.

5. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I've traded in my copy after only playing it for abut 6 hours.
    I decided to wait for the GotY edition that will hopefully be fixed and include the DLC. I was very unlucky and encountered quite a few of the known bugs.

6. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    After playing for about 65 hours, I've encountered 4 CTD's, all before I used a certain mod that expanded the RAM usage to more than 2 GB. Standard the game only supports 2 GB of RAM, after that patch it supports over 2 GB.

7. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Meh... Just fix the PS3 version and I'd be pleased. Otherwise I'll just end up buying it for PC (which would mean I'd have to get a new PC if I can't be bothered to install the game on the Win7 running on my MBP)..

8. rasta1777

Newcomer rasta1777 Member

after the fiasco that is Battlefield 3 on the PS3 (which i unfortunately own, and that is unplayable due to input lag and completely broken VoIP), and after this, I will certainly never be buying multiplatform releases on the PS3. ever. from now on, only exclusives :S

9. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Apparently their's a possible fix for it.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/315231-ps3-to-support-a-wider-demographic/page__pid__4007349__st__15#entry4007349

Can't really test it myself as I don't have Skyrim for PS3, but if anyone else is willing to try it, post your results.