Fabis94

Xbawx playa
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know nintendo aren't planning Skype software on DS/DSi, but are is there a Skype homebrew app? I mean, eBuddy allows MSN and other stuff on the DS, is there maybe a different company that does the same, but with Skype?

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know Beup
biggrin.gif

But with SvSIP are there any rates for calling to other phones? Or you can only call people on the internet. If so, how do u find their numbers?
biggrin.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can call actual landlines as long as your SIP provider allows it. Which means you need an SIP provider. None of them are going to let you call landlines for free because it costs them money to do that, so the best you can do with SVSIP is to keep signing up for free accounts at some site like Viopbuster to get the free trial minutes.

stallonef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't bother even setting SvSIP up. The quality of the DS mike is garbage. You can hear the other person very softly and they cant understand you at all because of the quality. So basically its useless.

on top of that u need to pay or use trials, and these trials are very short so its a pain to keep on getting trials.

shinnyuuya

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
skype is the program that use for calling friend isn't? maybe forget it because the DS mic quality is below good. I mean in some games that need a speech you have to speak cleary or DS will only take your breath. what's fun if you can only hear a breath?

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stallonef said:
Don't bother even setting SvSIP up. The quality of the DS mike is garbage. You can hear the other person very softly and they cant understand you at all because of the quality. So basically its useless.

on top of that u need to pay or use trials, and these trials are very short so its a pain to keep on getting trials.

/shrug it's worked fine for me in the past.

I wouldn't want to rely on it as my sole communication, but in a pinch, it works just fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol