Skylanders Portal emulation possible?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gedi223, Jan 21, 2012.

Jan 21, 2012
  1. Gedi223
    OP

Newcomer Gedi223 Member

United States
    I recently found information on the protocol used by the portal to communicate with the game while looking over the ocarina code list.

It seems like a basic program could be written for android that would emulate the portal and allow you to switch characters on the fly.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'm working on getting the pc version of the game (if I can find in stock for cheap) and start playing the game running usblyzer to see what data is going back and forth.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    It seems possible, I think someone said they were going to attempt the same thing but never really did any progress.

If you start working on it and get it working I'd definitely test this. A cousin of mine said she really wants the game but her parents won't buy it for her as they're kind of...technology impaired when it comes to PCs.

3. gtmtnbiker

Member gtmtnbiker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It should be possible. Brandon Wilson was working on this at one point. Search for "skylander editor" in the download section of the site Eurasia.nu. There is source code that communicates with the portal. It could be the basis for your emulator.