Hacking SKY3DS V2 and buying DLC

Itsthenew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if I load a .3ds rom with a public header on my sky3ds, will I encounter any issues purchasing and running DLC from the eshop? I keep seeing that there is a chance of getting console banned if you play games online, does that mean turning on wifi and playing or does that mean accessing servers to play online like smash brothers?

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
v2......i thought........never mind..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

public header will let you be banned asap:lol:

Hopeful Death

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're purchasing stuff from the eshop you may as well eject your Sky3ds just to be safe.

If you're talking about shop content accessed from within the game itself then... I have no idea. I asked something like that a week ago and got 0 responses.

Itsthenew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just want to make sure I'm able to download DLC without an issue. I don't care about multiplayer in the slightest.

D

Deleted-19228

They could ban the console. Just use a private header. Tons of people give them away for free if you pay attention :P

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I just want to make sure I'm able to download DLC without an issue. I don't care about multiplayer in the slightest.
if your 3ds banned, you cant access any online stuff..
eshop, online multi.etc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

use public header to download dlc you have to purchase........is stupid.......
if you use sky for any online feature with game, you show own 1 private header

Hopeful Death

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would seem to contradict the majority of information that was collected in the initial banning topic though. DLC aside, most people reported having access to e-shop and game patches. Did things change or what?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
If you don't care about being banned from multiplayer, then don't worry about headers. Even if you are banned then you'll still have full access to the eshop. The above poster was wrong. As you can see in the banning thread, people still had access to the eshop. And at any rate the bans have all been temporary so far. So yes, feel free to visit the eshop and give Nintendo as much money as you want to!

Hopeful Death

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the verdict's still out about in-game DLC purchases? I would assume those aren't possible, but... I have no idea really.

Maybe I should just say screw it and find out myself and get banned just so I can get the information for others lol

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I mean... How many games make you get the DLC in game? I'd reckon it's safe. I honestly don't see why Nintendo would block you from doing things that gives them money. Since a blocked 3DS can still use the browser, access the eshop, and things like that I can't imagine that it won't let you buy in game DLC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1