Hacking Sky3ds+ problem

Zynthh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So today I got a new sky3ds+ and immediately added Pokemon OR. Which ran great. But I added mal: paper jam (From 2 different sites both the Europe version) and it just doesn't show up' :/
After googling it multiple times I still haven't found a fix... Can anyone help me?!?

Edit: When I had Omega ruby and paper jam bros I would attempt to cycle through my games but only OR would show up

Last edited by Zynthh,

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you sure you have the sky3ds+ (orange buttons) it sounds like you are using the sky3ds blue button, Pokemon OR works on blue button but Mario and Luigi:Paper jam is a game with AP so it doesn't work on the olds sky3ds (red and blue), that's why I ask if you are sure about which card you have there.

If you have the sky3ds+ orange buttons did you try to update the firmware of the card ?

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you have the sky3ds+ (orange buttons) it sounds like you are using the sky3ds blue button, Pokemon OR works on blue button but Mario and Luigi:Paper jam is a game with AP so it doesn't work on the olds sky3ds (red and blue), that's why I ask if you are sure about which card you have there.

If you have the sky3ds+ orange buttons did you try to update the firmware of the card ?
Actually, the 2-18-16 template supports the european version of mal paper jam bros.

Zynthh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I have 100% got the plus and when it arrived it was already updated

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes when I add new roms it seems the Sky3DS card needs a settings reset to update the games list.

Here is what I do to fix this:
1) Copy the settings.txt, .CFG and .SAV files to your computer as backups (so that you don't lose the OR save)
2) Delete the files from the SD card so you only have the .3DS files present
3) Re-insert SD to SKY3DS+ and put in 3DS
4) Boot up and both games should show up
5) Now copy the settings.txt and CFG/SAV file for the OR game and you should be back in business

WARNING: If you intend to use either game online make sure you use a private header or you will be banned!

Zynthh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes when I add new roms it seems the Sky3DS card needs a settings reset to update the games list.

Here is what I do to fix this:
1) Copy the settings.txt, .CFG and .SAV files to your computer as backups (so that you don't lose the OR save)
2) Delete the files from the SD card so you only have the .3DS files present
3) Re-insert SD to SKY3DS+ and put in 3DS
4) Boot up and both games should show up
5) Now copy the settings.txt and CFG/SAV file for the OR game and you should be back in business

WARNING: If you intend to use either game online make sure you use a private header or you will be banned!
Thanks everyone for the help I managed to get it working Today I got a 64gb sd card and the problem must have been the formatting :P
Anyone got any clue why shovel knight turned to a .bad file?

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • captainbob321 @ captainbob321:
    Hello!
  • captainbob321 @ captainbob321:
    What's so Funny, @M4x1mumReZ
    ?
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Welcome new user
  • trepp0 @ trepp0:
    Just got the notice that school is being released 2 hours early cause of the winter storm
  • trepp0 @ trepp0:
    lets go
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Better than 3 hours late from a lockdown lol
    +1
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    While I know you mean in case of someone confusing schooling establishment from shooting establishment (many of the same letters) I am still going to read that as lockdown (also known as lock in) for a pub
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    where if you were in the club you could be invited to be there as a guest of the landlords after things are supposed to stop being served
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    Have technically done that in a school but it was the sports centre associated with the school more than the school itself
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    being drunk in school was either because drunk on playing field or could not be arsed with one particular Thursday afternoon so went and had some beers and played some games instead before returning for an ill advised last lesson/period
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Being drunk and high in school was cool
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    It was high school
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    my power cut out twice
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    my pi running octoprint wiped all my plugins and i cba to fix it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No pi for you lol
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Psi, you didn't spell your name right