Sky3ds+ problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Zynthh, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Zynthh
    OP

Zynthh Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2016
    So today I got a new sky3ds+ and immediately added Pokemon OR. Which ran great. But I added mal: paper jam (From 2 different sites both the Europe version) and it just doesn't show up' :/
    After googling it multiple times I still haven't found a fix... Can anyone help me?!?

Edit: When I had Omega ruby and paper jam bros I would attempt to cycle through my games but only OR would show up

Last edited by Zynthh, Aug 23, 2016
  2. Joshwraith

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    Are you sure you have the sky3ds+ (orange buttons) it sounds like you are using the sky3ds blue button, Pokemon OR works on blue button but Mario and Luigi:Paper jam is a game with AP so it doesn't work on the olds sky3ds (red and blue), that's why I ask if you are sure about which card you have there.

If you have the sky3ds+ orange buttons did you try to update the firmware of the card ?

3. NintenDavid

NintenDavid GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Soobway
    Actually, the 2-18-16 template supports the european version of mal paper jam bros.

4. Zynthh
    OP

Zynthh Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2016
    I have 100% got the plus and when it arrived it was already updated

5. spkuja

spkuja GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    Make sure your SD card is formatted with the 64kb cluster option. That sorted all of my issues out :)

6. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Sometimes when I add new roms it seems the Sky3DS card needs a settings reset to update the games list.

Here is what I do to fix this:
    1) Copy the settings.txt, .CFG and .SAV files to your computer as backups (so that you don't lose the OR save)
    2) Delete the files from the SD card so you only have the .3DS files present
    3) Re-insert SD to SKY3DS+ and put in 3DS
    4) Boot up and both games should show up
    5) Now copy the settings.txt and CFG/SAV file for the OR game and you should be back in business

WARNING: If you intend to use either game online make sure you use a private header or you will be banned!

7. Zynthh
    OP

Zynthh Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2016
    Thanks everyone for the help I managed to get it working Today I got a 64gb sd card and the problem must have been the formatting :P
    Anyone got any clue why shovel knight turned to a .bad file?

8. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    The rom file must be corrupted, try re-dumping the game.