Sky3DS issue

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DeityAngel, Jun 7, 2015.

1. DeityAngel
    OP

DeityAngel Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2015
    United States
    I really wanted to post my question in the noob section but no one bothers answering there so here I am.

I recently got a Sky3DS and paired it with a 64 GB Samsung Pro SDXC memory card.

I'm using Diskwriter 2.02b1 and template 0602.

Using a N3DSXL on FW 9.4-21

So my problem is me trying to play my Story of Seasons ROM. It loads fine and all but, at random points (usually loading to another screen) It just goes black and I have to pull out the cart or restart the system completely (my n3dsxl isn't frozen). Theres no errors or anything (until I pull the cart ofc). It's really hampering me enjoying the game and causing me to save nearly every time I move maps.

It also happens randomly so I can be playing for 20 min and it happens or 1 hr then it happens.
    So far I haven't observed it happening in any other ROMs i have.

I have the actual retail cartridge and the game works fine on my N3DSXL. I just don't like having so many cartridges on me which is why I bought the Sky3DS in the first place.

So anyone have an idea what is wrong?

Thanks for helping.

2. nervx

nervx GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2006
    Canada
    did you dump the rom yourself?

if that's the only game giving you trouble my guess would be the rom is bad.

3. nccom

nccom GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2006
    Estonia
    Try another microsd, samsung cards don't work very well on sky3ds.

4. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    I had a similar problem sometimes, where the game happens to freeze on random points an nothing but restart the system has worked.

After analyse the SD card connectoins and the sky3ds cartridge itself I`ve noticed that it seems like the measures was a little incorrect(at least mine) and sometmes it would have some resistence when u are putting the cartridge on the console, what i gues could lead to minor connections problems in the cartridge slot.

Since them i have more patience when putting on the cart on the console and try to slide it the best and most smooth way possible on the 3ds. Also do it with the sd card. I have never had this toruble anymore, playing for hours straight and all works fine.

I hope u can solve ur problem.

5. Sharpzz

Sharpzz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2015
    I have the same problem with Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stones: Thunderflash :(