Homebrew Sky3ds+ Homebrews

Diego788

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
hi, uh, don't worry on moving this thread to other seccion, it's about homebrew.

i heard that Sky3ds+ will have the function to use Homebrews in .3ds format, so, i can run apps like mGba, BlargSnes, 3dscontroller without any inconveniences? also, this will make mgba run even faster than with the Themehax/Ironhax, etc??????

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it means it's compatible with homebrew that runs from the Homebrew Menu, not running homebrew from the card. As homebrew is unsigned, it can't run on the system menu. Though if the Homebrew Menu can load homebrew from the flashcart, then it might be possible, but why load it from the cart if you can load it from the internal SD?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah 99.9% sure they just mean you can use other peoples homebrew launchers i.e ninjhax/menuhax/oothax etc, they have a habit of listing third party features in their own features lists

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They were meaning that the Sky3DS+ can emulate 3DS cartridges even with non-signed files that are mostly homebrew. But for the 3DS to boot it, signpatch is needed. And to have signpatch, you need a kernel exploit.

Reactions: Kartik and Exavold

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to be on top of this stuff, but I'm a little out of the loop on the 3DS happenings, so bear with me if this sounds laughable.

Could you run a .3ds copy of Cubic Ninja from the Sky3DS+ to do the Ninjhax exploit, run CFW, and enable use of .cia files?

If it helps to know this, I'm using a New 3DS XL on 10.3.0-28U.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I used to be on top of this stuff, but I'm a little out of the loop on the 3DS happenings, so bear with me if this sounds laughable.

Could you run a .3ds copy of Cubic Ninja from the Sky3DS+ to do the Ninjhax exploit, run CFW, and enable use of .cia files?

Impossible.
Launching .3ds using Sky3DS+ won't allow something more than running .3ds using another way. To install .cia or to run CFW, you need a kernel exploit. At the moment, we can get a kernel exploit only on 9.2<. We don't have any public kernel exploit on 10.3. And why someone would need to install cia when you can just rom .3ds files using the Sky3DS+? :huh:

Reactions: m_babble

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a blue button Sky3ds outside walgreens yesterday, and my Sky3ds+ review copy is out for delivery so i guess i'll have a little fun burning the blue button one, lol.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on getting the Sky3DS+, I'm just worried it'll be too expensive. I've never bought a Sky3DS before.

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And why someone would need to install cia when you can just rom .3ds files using the Sky3DS+? :huh:

Well, in my case, I was mostly curious because I'm not having the best of luck tracking down unaltered .3ds files, which the card requires.
Thinking I could find a workaround to use the abundance of .cia files I have managed to track down gave me a glimmer of hope.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I plan on getting the Sky3DS+, I'm just worried it'll be too expensive. I've never bought a Sky3DS before.
then u should get the new one

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, in my case, I was mostly curious because I'm not having the best of luck tracking down unaltered .3ds files, which the card requires.
Thinking I could find a workaround to use the abundance of .cia files I have managed to track down gave me a glimmer of hope.
roms from some FOUR THREE site are unaltered

Reactions: m_babble
D

Deleted-236924

Impossible.
Launching .3ds using Sky3DS+ won't allow something more than running .3ds using another way. To install .cia or to run CFW, you need a kernel exploit. At the moment, we can get a kernel exploit only on 9.2<. We don't have any public kernel exploit on 10.3. And why someone would need to install cia when you can just rom .3ds files using the Sky3DS+? :huh:
If we were able to get a .3ds of a DevMenu that runs on retail 3DSes and is properly signed for them, then we'd be able to install .cias above 9.2
We'd be able to install any .cias, but only legit .cias would actually run.
Thing is, such a thing does not exist, so unless Nintendo made it for us, it won't happen.

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

stealing games is always going to be expensive :) This may not be the first flash cart you have to buy. It's a high risk game, but it's fun and educational!

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Yes and No, Yes, you can run homebrew from sky3ds (there front page has a video of it + there youtube) but no you cant run CFW since your need 4.0 - 9.2 firmware for CFW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.