Sky3DS DiskWriter Upated to V1.07

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by hieunguyen, Nov 12, 2014.

1. hieunguyen
    OP

hieunguyen Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2014
    Sky3ds diskwirter v1.07 is now available to download, below are the details

Note: this rar file was included "DiskWriterV107.exe" and "template.txt", please put this two files in the same directory, and run "DiskWriterV107.exe" as an administrator role, also make sure you got a "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0+"(download here) run on your PC with WINDOWS XP/7/8 OS

Change logs:
    * backup/restore games function added
    * backup/restore save data function added
    * delete game function added
    * more games title updated in template file.

Foxi4 likes this.

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Great, grabbing it right now and backing up my saves! :yay:

3. gokuguy

gokuguy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2008
    United States

I'm sorry, what? Whats the point if games are permanently written to the internal card?

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Space management. Not everyone uses a 32GB microSD to store all of the 10 games at once, some people shuffle'em on a smaller card. ;)

5. wiibomb

wiibomb GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    may be you can have any 10 games now?

EDIT: of course not... ¬_¬

supermalloch likes this.
  6. gokuguy

gokuguy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2008
    United States

Ah okay. Hadn't thought about that. Thanks.

7. EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    Could this mean we could edit Saves? If thats true i wont need to buy a CyberSave and a JP Pokemon X/Y. Can someone try that?

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    no you could back them up and restore them...not edit, basically for stuff like cloning pokemon it would be ok for that.

supermalloch likes this.
  9. EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    I know that not with the DiskWritter but for example PKHex or something else.

10. dudephanith

dudephanith Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2011
    what does 'delete game function added' mean?does it mean we can delete the old game and add new one now? or it still remember the first 10 games.

11. JCR1

JCR1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2011
    Mexico
    Backup games and saves? just to transfer the same contents to all your $100 sky3ds cards.

12. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It gives you the option of deleting individual games instead of formatting the whole microSD card, the flashcart itself still remembers only 10 games. I'm actually not sure why this is a part of the changelog - that feature was available in version 1.0 by right-clicking on a given title.

Anywho, I've tested this new version of the utility and it does work - it backed up my Animal Crossing file and restored it just fine.

13. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    no they would still be encrypted....so unless some public way of decrypting,rencrypting and signing your saves is released....it will just be backup and restore

supermalloch likes this.
  14. LaserZX

LaserZX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2012
    United States
    I'm sorry for asking this again if it's already been answered, since there's been so much discussion the answers may be buried.

But have these been confirmed yet?
    - Able to play with the same game across 2 or more MicroSDs resulting in 2 different saves being played? Ex: Pokemon X/Y.
    - How many times can the games be written on? If you write 9 games on, are you locked at 9 games? Or can you add the remaining 1 another time? Like saving 1 or 2 open slots for future releases; Smash Bros, Pokemon OR/AS, etc.

15. keyra

keyra Spoderman self proclamed fan

Dec 23, 2008
    France
    delete game function added .... what????
    edit : nevermind it's been already answered

anyway i'll wait a few weeks to see this 10 games barrier removed or sky3ds cloned without
    even if 10 games on my 3ds would be far more than enough since i own already almost all i wanted to buy

16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    LaserZX You can rewrite the same game a hundred times, it doesn't matter, the cartridge remembers 10 unique TitleID's.

17. LaserZX

LaserZX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2012
    United States
    Fantastic! I just need confirmation to the 1st part, and I think I'm sold on Sky3DS/K3DS/R5whateveritsnameis.

18. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    LaserZX You don't even need two SD cards - you can swap saves when needs be with DiskWrite. I used two SD's, three games each.

19. LaserZX

LaserZX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2012
    United States
    I'd prefer multiple SD cards just for convenience, I have so many extras AND they're so cheap these days. So it works for sure eh? Nice, it sure sounds like it'll work for me. I don't even foresee needing past 10 games.

20. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    On the subject of DiskWrite, I'm testing the saves backup and restore functionality and... it cannot be trusted, I've lost my progress. I've updated the review accordingly, hopefully this functionality will be fixed soon.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work! :rofl2: The way this tool works sometimes is... confusing.

Here's how it works - if you right-click on a title and click backup save, it will backup the save file for that game in a *.sav format. However, if you click File and select Backup Save Data, it will backup all of the saves for all the games on that SD card in that specific order of games in a *.dws format. Keep that in mind when backing stuff up!