SKY3DS Diskwriter Have No Resource Data

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hickey14, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Hickey14
    OP

Hickey14 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    Canada
    Hello

I have went through a number of threads and can't seem to find a solution to this problem.

I recently purchased a sky3ds cart with the blue button.

I've downloaded the most recent template file template0924.txt along with the most recent diskwriterV202b.1

Every time I try to load any ROM at all I receive the same message The file xxxx have no resource data yet, please updata the template.txt

the diskwriter as well as the template file are in the same folder. When I load the template file it generates a setting.ini file.

When I've downloaded roms the save as a .exe file. I've also changed those to .3ds files no luck.

Can anyone shed some light on what I may be doing wrong.

*DON'T ASK FOR ROMs*

Thank you

Last edited by Veho, Sep 27, 2015
  2. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Maybe that's because Sky3DS only works on the 3DS. http://prntscr.com/8kwb9s

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And asking for ROMs isn't allowed, get banned

3. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    I'm moving this to the 3DS flashcards section.

If your downloads save as .exe files, they are probably malware disguised as ROMs.
    The correct extensions would be .rar (r01 r02 etc. for multi-part archives, some releases are kept that way for some reason) and .zip for compressed archives, or .3ds.

Find legitimate ROMs before you retry. But don't ask for them here, it's against the rules.

lemanuel and LameNobody like this.
  4. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    Try downloading actual ROM files.

lemanuel likes this.