Hacking Sky3ds and new gateway exploit.

warnings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How can Sky3ds users take advantage of this Gateway (web browser) Exploit?
What can we do other than retail cart backup?
Thanks.

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SysNAND backup, retail cart backups and downgrading to 4.x is about all you are going to be able to do with it. Maybe game saves backups too.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can save your NAND and restore it as well. You can also downgrade to 4.5 if you want to, so you can use Homebrew. And potentially install a CFW if someone else starts to work on one.

warnings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can save your NAND and restore it as well. You can also downgrade to 4.5 if you want to, so you can use Homebrew. And potentially install a CFW if someone else starts to work on one.
Please explain, my 3dsxl came with 8.x.x FW...I upgraded to 9.2FW. How can I Downgrade to 4.5?
Sky3ds works great with everything BTW.
Is it worth fucking with?

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please explain, my 3dsxl came with 8.x.x FW...I upgraded to 9.2FW. How can I Downgrade to 4.5?
Sky3ds works great with everything BTW.
Is it worth fucking with?

If you just want to play games, then no, it's not worth fucking with at this moment. And you can downgrade using the downloads on Gateway's website. Put the 3.0.1 Launcher.dat onto your 3DS SD card and the downgrade file they provide, clear your 3DS browser cookies and visit http://go.gateway-3ds.com. It will launch the Gateway menu where you can backup/restore NAND, Saves and Game carts, as well as do a firmware downgrade. Works without any Gateway cards.

warnings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you just want to play games, then no, it's not worth fucking with at this moment. And you can downgrade using the downloads on Gateway's website. Put the 3.0.1 Launcher.dat onto your 3DS SD card and the downgrade file they provide, clear your 3DS browser cookies and visit http://go.gateway-3ds.com. It will launch the Gateway menu where you can backup/restore NAND, Saves and Game carts, as well as do a firmware downgrade. Works without any Gateway cards.
OK, Thanks. So I can Downgrade a 9.2.xxx to 4.5.xxx with out ever having backed up my NAND?

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, Thanks. So I can Downgrade a 9.2.xxx to 4.5.xxx with out ever having backed up my NAND?

Yes, but it would be wise to backup your NAND so you can flash yourself back to 9.2 when you feel like it. The Gateway launcher can backup your NAND for you, no cart needed. So I'd do a backup right now even if you don't plan to do anything else with Gateway right now, so you at least have one.

Reactions: DSlite2

warnings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, but it would be wise to backup your NAND so you can flash yourself back to 9.2 when you feel like it. The Gateway launcher can backup your NAND for you, no cart needed. So I'd do a backup right now even if you don't plan to do anything else with Gateway right now, so you at least have one.
Thanks, will do!

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
..does it work also on new3DS ? using a sky3ds and the file 3.0.1 launcher.dat, can i do a game backup and a nand backup? (by going on GW's site..of course..)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.