Hacking skins acekard2 and dstt

Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how do i install skins on my acekard2 and my dstt?
is it like this for the acekard2?

Go to http://www.acekard.com/skin.php and pick a skin.
Pick a skin you like, and click on Download

http://www.acekard.com/down_skin.php?id=62
Now your PC will download the skin.
You’ll see that the file you’ve downloaded is a .zip file. Extract it using WinRar, by rightclicking on it and clicking on ‘Extract here’
With my skin I’ve got 2 folder, ‘Paper_Mario’ and ‘__MACOSX’.
Cut the folder called ‘Paper_Mario’. Yours maybe called something else, but that doesn’t matter. You just have to cut that folder.
Now plug in your microSD in your PC, and go to the folder ‘__ak2’ and then to the folder ‘ui’
Now paste the folder ‘Paper_Mario’ (or whatever it’s called) there.
Now unplug your microSD out of your PC (do it like I showed you earlier in this tutorial), plug it in your AceKard 2 and then plug it in your DS.
Boot up the DS, go the AceKard 2 menu, and then Press Start to popup the menu and then select System Options-> Interface Theme to change your skin.

and like this for the dstt?

go to TTMENU\skin\default after you've downloaded you're skin
then copy all the files you've downloaded, and paste them in that default folder. If it says to Overwrite, just click Yes on all.

also, how do i active them then in the dstt menu?

tnx!!!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your instructions look more or less correct. Note that the DSTT only supports one skin on the card at a time, and it must replace the one in the "default" folder. There is no need to "activate" them. Once installed, it will be the only one that shows up.

The Opera browser will work straight from the menu with the Acekard 2. With the DSTT, you'll need to use GBA ExpLoader or install YSMenu.

-Bri

Radio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With GBA exploder you need to change mode my tapping the R shoulder button twice until you get to Expansion mode.. Then select "expansion ram" from the list and the card will reboot to the DSTT menu where you can then start up the Opera Browser as usual.

Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bri said:
Your instructions look more or less correct. Note that the DSTT only supports one skin on the card at a time, and it must replace the one in the "default" folder. There is no need to "activate" them. Once installed, it will be the only one that shows up.

The Opera browser will work straight from the menu with the Acekard 2. With the DSTT, you'll need to use GBA ExpLoader or install YSMenu.

-Bri

so I would just have to start the opera rom (clean rom?) and it will work on my aceard 2?

and got any step by step guides to get it to work with the dstt? i'm a totalll noob sory

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It should work on the Acekard 2 by just running Opera with the EZFlash 3-in-1 installed.

With the DSTT, you'll need to get the latest copy of GBA ExpLoader from the download section and follow Radio's instructions in the post just above yours.

-Bri

Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
okay, ty all!!!!!

just one more question, does anyone have a tutorial on how to convert DPG videos?
preferable with screesn

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With Acekard 2, it's very easy. With the EZFlash 3-in-1 inserted in slot 2, just click on a .gba game in the Acekard 2 menu to play it. Just run the Opera browser and the EZFlash 3-in-1 will automatically be recognized as RAM. For rumble, select a game that supports rumble and change the rumble options in the menu.

With the DSTT, you have to use GBA ExpLoader. Grab a copy, install it on your microSD card, run it. It will show a file browser where you can find your GBA game to play. There is also an option to patch the 3-in-1 for the Opera browser. After patching, your NDS should reset (if it doesn't, turn if off and then quickly back on). Then run the Opera browser and it should work. You have to do this each time before running the Opera browser.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over