Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi everyone. I am probably going to sound like a noob but I swear I am not one. My old sd card got corrupted way back in March when I put a bad file on it and I couldn't format it or anything. So i dug out an old 1 GB card to use. It was alright for now but recently I wanted to use skins again. I couldn't be bothered before but now I need some help as they wont work.
Below are some images of my sd card so could you please tell me what I am doing wrong.

6pbv9k.jpg

210h7hc.jpg

2zjmids.jpg

2nw016t.jpg

Please help and I about to feel stupid.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Curley5959 said:
Try taking the theme.ini out of each folder of something.. They are not in mine so try that.. See if it works..
smile.gif

nope
theme.ini contains the colour information of the theme
e.g
when u go over ur roms name their font color change to something else

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine have all the files mentioned and usually come with one other.. albeit useless (i.e. delete it)... preview.png or preview.bmp

the layout "looks" totally fine

Assuming you extracted the firmware on a freshly formatted card as suggested by DarkRey and didnt just copy it i dunno, if you copied/formatted/copied... try deleting _DS_MENU.SYS then restart it (iirc this file gets recreated if it aint there... and i seem to remember having issues and needing to delete that before)

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I might try that _DS_MENU.SYS idea. I copied everything to my comp, formatted the card and then sent it back over. Will check now.

EDIT: Still doesn't work but it comes up with a message when I press select. It says
Theme Select
Automatic mode
THEME09

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start from scratch as suggested... backup your games and themes... torch the rest with format

extract from the English-1.18.rar/English/ those files to the card... then copy your themes folder back to _system_

i believe the menu.sys file is like a compiled ini file... holds settings or something

XionGlydius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded the new v1.18 and I dont even have the theme folder, is there any way someone could upload it and I could just DL it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2