Single game emulator forwarder ISOs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Megan, Sep 13, 2011.

Sep 13, 2011
  1. Megan
    OP

Newcomer Megan Member

United Kingdom
    I was just wondering if it's possible to make a forwarder ISO that could auto-launch a specific ROM from an emulator...?

I'd like to make individual launchers for all the games in certain series (like the Marios, Zeldas, Sonics and so on) and have them appear alongside my actual Wii games in WiiFlow...

It might seem silly and pointless to most, but since the idea has come into my head I'd really like to give it a try.

You know it'd be cool to have (almost) every single Mario game all in one place at one time, like the ultimate Nintendo jukebox...!

(Also, I like making custom box-arts so it would give me a hobby!)

Thanks for reading anyway.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Define "possible". It all depends on whether the needed emulator supports arguments (in other words: the name of the specific rom) and if your forwarder is built to properly contain these arguments.

Triiforce has those arguments, and Tristar did some good effort to smoothly create forwarder iso's that (in the background) load triiforce with the chosen game with the chosen settings. Some time ago, I had all my wiiware/VC games from my emu-nand alongside my wii games. Wiiflow and CFG most likely still support those forwarder iso's created by wad2iso.*

For the other emulators...not that I know of. I know it was a feature request for VBAGX/fceuGX/snes9x, but I don't think it ever made it in a full release (let alone that someone pointed out how to create decent forwarder iso's from it).

*it isn't particularly difficult to use it. Unfortunately, most people wanting that are barely able to use triiforce to play wiiware/VC from their emulated nand, which is obviously a requisite.

3. jj-kwik

Member jj-kwik GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It is possible. I created a few a while back.
    It's an iso's that can forward to a modified emulator dol, or contains a modified emulator dol, that's been modified to autoboot specific roms. I was using it to create custom V/C channels for gameboy games(Color & Advance). It works with iso's as well.

Here's an example on one I've made. However, I can't post the files because they go against GBA's rules.
    [​IMG]

4. Megan
    OP

Newcomer Megan Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into both methods... shame there isn't anything more straightforward (or maybe I'm just lazy).

I've never dabbled in triiforce/sneek/emulated nand before but I suppose my OCD-like desire to get this all sorted might force me into it.