Since when...

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Joujoudoll, Oct 31, 2008.

Oct 31, 2008

Since when... by Joujoudoll at 7:22 PM (1,491 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Joujoudoll
    OP

Member Joujoudoll GBAtemp Fan

Has DealExtreme stopped carrying the CycloDS Evo?

I wanted to buy one for my sister for Christmas, because they were $35 on DealExtreme...

I am very sad now. [​IMG]

2. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    Since a long time ago when dx refuse to sell it at TC price.

3. Joujoudoll
    OP

About two months ago they were selling them, so that is not a "long time"... I suppose if you're a teenager that is a long time, but it really isn't.

4. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    go with acekard 2. or does she really need (and is going to use) the advanced features?

5. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    It was longer ago than that, and it was only for a few days, and only a few of the people who ordered at that price actually received the Cyclo.

Just forget that the Cyclo was ever sold at Dealextreme, since chances are it'll never be again.

6. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    True that, and besides, if it ever get to sell CycloDSs, it'll be at higher prices, because Team Cyclops strongly disagree on such low prices!

7. Priss

Member Priss GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I am quite happy of the product I paid for. This may sound cliche but for once I can really say...
    "You get what you pay for..." [​IMG]

8. Joujoudoll
    OP

I have no issues with the price I paid... I paid over $70 for the chip and the flashcard all together.

I want to get her the same card that I have, but I was hoping to get one for the price that dealextreme was offering.

I suppose I will pay $47.99 like realhotstuff is offering right now.

And no, I refuse to buy anything that has exposed metal. People don't realize this, but there is a small chance that it can blow a fuse on your DS, and if you don't know how to fix it, you'd have to pay to have it fixed.

9. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    What flashcart/s are you referring to?

10. Joujoudoll
    OP

Well, I am referring to any flash card that has exposed metal on the back... It can blow a fuse in your DS...

M3 real/simply, acekard, R4... I think the CycloDS is the only flashcart on the market that has raised plastic slates on the back where the metal is.

Every single Nintendo DS game cartridge has raised plastic slates on the back for a reason... It's to keep the cart from shorting out the DS. If they weren't needed then they wouldn't be there.

M3 Real/Simply has been known to blow fuses in peoples DSes because of this very reason...

11. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    only the n5 have blown fuses, there might be a few cases of other carts but most are due to n00bs caused it them selves
    with any other cart with out the raised plastic there's like a 0.01% (not exactly right but the point is that the probability is "very very small") chance of that happening [​IMG]
    you are making a big deal over nothing, if it was a such a huge problem then every cart maker still wouldnt be making cards without raised plastic

12. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Not true; there were a number of reports of the M3 Real blowing fuses when it was first released, though the problem seems to have mostly been fixed. Other carts have had this issue as well, but I'm singling out the M3 Real because I know you like it.

As for noobs causing the problem themselves, how? The cart only goes in one way, and only a short or an electronic defect could cause a blown fuse.

You are correct about this not being a big problem though. Even the N5 wasn't particularly likely to blow a fuse, just more likely than most other carts.

13. Joujoudoll
    OP

I am very, very paranoid... If there is even a 0.000000001% chance at all that a cart could blow a fuse, I wouldn't buy it... I almost bought an M3 real and then I canceled my order before it was shipped out and bought the CycloDS instead.

14. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I'd say the chances are far better than that that any flashcart will blow a fuse. Nothing is 100% perfect, and an internal short in any cart (even a genuine game pak) could cause a blown fuse.

15. Joujoudoll
    OP

True, but the chances of it happening with a cart like an M3 is more likely... I know a few people who had M3 reals that blew a fuse in their DS and luckily their DS was still under warranty.