GCTonyHawk7

OP
Trophies
Website
www.revo-europe.com
XP
Country
United States
The 9 (at time of posting) people who said "They all suck" have no artistic taste whatsoever...

Yes, I noticed that. Sometimes I wonder why I add that option, but I figure maybe I am blinded by my own designation that I can't see it sucks. Heh, hopefully they are good though.
nyanya.gif

antking3806

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif
bow.gif
Thanks I've always wanted this now this will work out well with your moonshell skin that I've been using for the longest
thanks thanks a
wub.gif
lot

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I noticed that. Sometimes I wonder why I add that option, but I figure maybe I am blinded by my own designation that I can't see it sucks. Heh, hopefully they are good though.Â
nyanya.gif

Don't worry. The skins rock. The people who voted that are probably just jealous cause they don't have an R4 of their own.
cool.gif

p.s. I think you mean design, not designation. A designation is... kinda like a declaration. *googles it* Yeah, that's pretty much it. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=defin...G=Google+Search

GCTonyHawk7

OP
Trophies
Website
www.revo-europe.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I noticed that. Sometimes I wonder why I add that option, but I figure maybe I am blinded by my own designation that I can't see it sucks. Heh, hopefully they are good though.Â
nyanya.gif

Don't worry. The skins rock. The people who voted that are probably just jealous cause they don't have an R4 of their own.
cool.gif

p.s. I think you mean design, not designation. A designation is... kinda like a declaration. *googles it* Yeah, that's pretty much it. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=defin...G=Google+Search

Haha, I remeber posting that and thinking about that word. I didn't think I used it right, and I figured that someone would actually try to correct me. Thanks.
tongue.gif

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
logo-small.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directions for use:
Follow these instructions in order to get the themes working on your M3 Simply or R4DS.

1. Unzip Skin using Winzip or a similar program.
2. After unziping, you will find a readme, five bitmap images, and a skin.ini. Fifth image is gbaframe.bmp.
3. To use this skin on your M3 Simply or R4DS, first select the four bitmaps and the skin.ini. (Excluding the gbaframe.bmp) Copy those directly to the _system_/themeXX folder on your MicroSD card. These four images will form the base skin and it's menus.
5. Copy the gbaframe.bmp directly to the /_system_ folder.
4. Once these images are copied, your M3 Simply or R4DS will be skinned.

Note: You can copy it to and of the theme folders. You can copy all four colors to different themexx numbers and then use the select button to switch between them.

Tip: You can change between the 12 themes by using the select button.

Note: To switch skins, follow this guide again by replace the images found on your card. Simple as that.
If you really wanted to, you could also mix and match various skins; go wild.

About the skin:
A note from the skin's author.

Been a long and agonizing break, eh? I think it has been nearly 4 months since I last posted a skin. I apologize for my absence; my life has just become very busy. Between pursuing various interests, going to school, having a job, and attempting to have a social life, I have a lot less free time, and most of that free time I do get is spent on games like Metroid Prime 3. Regardless, I am back with my Elemental skin series for the R4DS/M3 Simply. It has been made to look just like the Moonshell skin counterpart, and has countless hours of hard work and soul poured into it. This time around, I am attempting to redeem a top spot on NDSThemes; to do this, I am making it so all downloaded themes, even from forums, will be downloaded from the NDSThemes website. It would be helpful also if you would post your comments there as well. If I reach one of the top 5 themes on the site with this one, I will be extremely happy and grateful. That aside, I do hope you enjoy the skin, and hopefully you agree with me in thinking that it is the best possible theme for your R4DS/M3 Simply. Comments as always are strongly urged. Thanks!

GCTonyHawk7

Skin by GCTonyHawk7. Backgrounds, design, icons, and preview have all been custom-made by GCTonyHawk7. Do not edit, re-release, or copy without permission. Parts of the preview images have been made by TheSpade and Jacob Dukes; the rest being made by GCTonyHawk7.

It's nice but.. I don't like the background - The DS Lite and the SP pretty ruin it..

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it looks pretty nice. I like that the backgrounds are the same for their respective screens. It makes it look cooler during the transition from the main menu to the game menu which many skins lack unfortunately.
unsure.gif

GCTonyHawk7

OP
Trophies
Website
www.revo-europe.com
XP
Country
United States
Just one question: Does this skin work on Chinese R4? I notice it says R4 English Version.

Yup, it will work on any. It is just images that are different. That text is firmware driven.

I think it looks pretty nice. I like that the backgrounds are the same for their respective screens. It makes it look cooler during the transition from the main menu to the game menu which many skins lack unfortunately.Â
unsure.gif

Yep, I thought that was a cool touch. I am glad that you like it.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wink.gif
I switched to a different skin because I started noticing distortion in your skins...

Your skins are awesome... But it doesn't look clear like the pictures you posted...

I hope someone knows what I mean... I really can't describe it.

GCTonyHawk7

OP
Trophies
Website
www.revo-europe.com
XP
Country
United States
wink.gif
I switched to a different skin because I started noticing distortion in your skins...

Your skins are awesome... But it doesn't look clear like the pictures you posted...

I hope someone knows what I mean... I really can't describe it.

Yes, this is called color banding. This is because of the way the hardware takes the higher bit images and deals with their display. It is nothing that can be solved through the skin, but I did do my best to minimize it.

Sorry.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/