Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amayne95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Umm I'm not sure. I think you're fine, but it'd be preferred.

ok so i did the downgrade and at the end it said that an error occurred but in settings it says that its on 9.2.0
does that mean that everything's ok? how can i know for sure

20160318_185912.jpg 20160318_190050.jpg

amayne95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i did the downgrade and at the end it said that an error occurred but in settings it says that its on 9.2.0
does that mean that everything's ok? how can i know for sure

View attachment 42792 View attachment 42793

i used downgrade checker and this is what i got
20160318_194645.jpg

is this anything i should be worried about??

i understand that the extra file is related to the amiibo settings and that's expected but i'm not to sure what to do about the rest

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used downgrade checker and this is what i got
View attachment 42797

is this anything i should be worried about??

i understand that the extra file is related to the amiibo settings and that's expected but i'm not to sure what to do about the rest

I downgraded from 10.6 and had the exact same titles missing, with the extra amiibo title. I asked about this on gbatemp but never got a clear answer. I setup emuNand with CakesFW (ReiNand always black screened) and haven't had any issues.

Edit: My bad, you have more titles missing than I did.

Last edited by simbin,

Sukamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello fellow downgraders, I just ran into a similar problem.
I am trying to set up arm9 on my N3DS (EU), which originally was running on 9.9 firmware. I followed Plailect's guide and used browserhax to set up menuhax, I started to run into black screen issues while trying to boot up sysupdater.
I found then gameking66's version of SafesysUpdater, which booted up smoothly on the first try. I double-checked the update files on my microSD with the tool and started the downgrade. It looked like it was going well, but while restarting I received the same error message as amayne95 did. The next boot attempt ended up with two black screens, so I removed the microSD card and I could get to the home screen. I switched the themes to deactivate menuhax and set it up again via browserhax. Right now the 3DS Browser is version 1.0.9934, within the settings the 3DS firmware is described as Ver. 9.2.0-20E. Since I felt quite uncertain if everything went well I put svanheulen's downgrade_check.3dsx and .smdh file onto my "3ds" folder + the n3ds_9.2.0-20E.bin file. The check output was unfortunately not very enticing, confronting me with many red/yellow lines.
Unfortunately I am not owning a copy of either Cubic Ninja or OoT, so updating onto 10.7 does not sound like a proper solution to me right now. Any suggestion what to do next? Help would be much appreciated.mismatched1.jpg

Attachments

• check.txt
    555 bytes · Views: 194
  • mismatched2.jpg
    mismatched2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 196

Nelkia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I have a Firmware version 10.3 or 10.5 i dont remember. Can i downgrade my N3ds to 9.2?? and buy me a gateway 3ds? *-*

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fellow downgraders, I just ran into a similar problem.
I am trying to set up arm9 on my N3DS (EU), which originally was running on 9.9 firmware. I followed Plailect's guide and used browserhax to set up menuhax, I started to run into black screen issues while trying to boot up sysupdater.
I found then gameking66's version of SafesysUpdater, which booted up smoothly on the first try. I double-checked the update files on my microSD with the tool and started the downgrade. It looked like it was going well, but while restarting I received the same error message as amayne95 did. The next boot attempt ended up with two black screens, so I removed the microSD card and I could get to the home screen. I switched the themes to deactivate menuhax and set it up again via browserhax. Right now the 3DS Browser is version 1.0.9934, within the settings the 3DS firmware is described as Ver. 9.2.0-20E. Since I felt quite uncertain if everything went well I put svanheulen's downgrade_check.3dsx and .smdh file onto my "3ds" folder + the n3ds_9.2.0-20E.bin file. The check output was unfortunately not very enticing, confronting me with many red/yellow lines.
Unfortunately I am not owning a copy of either Cubic Ninja or OoT, so updating onto 10.7 does not sound like a proper solution to me right now. Any suggestion what to do next? Help would be much appreciated.View attachment 42828

From what I've researched, the extra amiibo title, system region title, GPIO and DSP modules are harmless. But NATIVE_FIRM is critical.

amayne95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can run sysupdater again and hope that you downgrade fully this time.

i used the sysupdater again and it fixed part of it

0004013820000002 - Fixed

The rest remained unchanged

0004009B00010402 - Unchained
000400300000B902 - Extra File
0004013000001B02 - Unchained (GPIO System Module)
0004013000001A02 - Unchained (DSP System Module)

20160319_153811.jpg

Last edited by amayne95,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used the sysupdater again and it fixed part of it

0004013820000002 - Fixed

The rest remained unchanged

0004009B00010402 - Unchained
000400300000B902 - Extra File
0004013000001B02 - Unchained (GPIO System Module)
0004013000001A02 - Unchained (DSP System Module)

View attachment 42884
Did it error out in any way or did it finish?
There will be a few that will be left unchanged and will show up as wrong. I'm not sure which, but if it downgraded properly, then you're good.

ashxu

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
SysUpdater doesn't work on ironhax or browserhacks, it just hangs at the menu with it not responding or doesn't get past the black screen

Edit: If it keeps freezing try opening ftp brony then quickly closing it. Weird but It worked for me

Last edited by ashxu,

Safo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone found a solution to downgrading without a format? because I really can't get this to work on my friend's and don't want to lose activity log/streetpass data

I've attempted this on 3 different N3DSXLs and they all soft bricked, whats the issue here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1