Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does this help? I'm not sure. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-setting-up-cfw-on-n3ds-after-downgrading.408087/
Apparently setting up *hax 2.5 is the same process. I couldn't get sliderhax to work on my 9.2 O3DS so I used Ocarina of Time 3D hax configured for 9.2 on a different 3DS. Sorry if that doesn't help you :(

Thanks Ridge! :) That seems like a good start and I have enough time to read as my 3DS is out of commission for the next two hours anyway as I backup my SD card. I don't have a SDXC compatible SD Card Reader so I have to transfer everything via WiFi and with 7gb that takes 120 minutes :P

Reactions: Ridge

Marter714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a few hundred attempts I finally got it to work! :D
Now my question is...What do I do now? I want to play the new Fire Emblem game.

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks Ridge! :) That seems like a good start and I have enough time to read as my 3DS is out of commission for the next two hours anyway as I backup my SD card. I don't have a SDXC compatible SD Card Reader so I have to transfer everything via WiFi and with 7gb that takes 120 minutes :P

Good luck my friend :yay3ds: I just managed to downgrade my N3DS! It.. only took me over a day of trying different methods and soft-bricking four times!
I backed up my SD card, formatted the 3DS and SD card, added only the necessary files to SD and instead of using Homebrew Launcher's boot.3dsx I used the second patch @julian20 made for the sysUpdater (page 95) and used that as a boot.3dsx. Launched it through webkithax and it rebooted automatically. Didn't even have to remove SD card!

Attachments

• 20160105_203403.jpg
    20160105_203403.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 206
  • 20160105_203700.jpg
    20160105_203700.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 199

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ironhax wouldn't start, who knows why, last time I booted the 3ds it worked
Browserhax started sysupdate, but after I pressed y it just froze, I let it sit for 20mins and then rebooted, which is what happened to you
Menuhax started sysupdate, I pressed y and then a bunch of filenames ending with .cia were showed as being installed, try using that
my 3ds bricked if you read deeper

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good luck my friend :yay3ds: I just managed to downgrade my N3DS! It.. only took me over a day of trying different methods and soft-bricking four times!
I backed up my SD card, formatted the 3DS and SD card, added only the necessary files to SD and instead of using Homebrew Launcher's boot.3dsx I used the second patch @julian20 made for the sysUpdater (page 95) and used that as a boot.3dsx. Launched it through webkithax and it rebooted automatically. Didn't even have to remove SD card!

Thank you! And whoa so you have been even more unlucky than me, as soon as I made it to the downgrade it worked without any softbricks though I'm glad you managed to downgrade your n3DS too though! :D And you have the best new 3DS, small one with the colored buttons and in white is so beautiful! ^.^

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you! And whoa so you have been even more unlucky than me, as soon as I made it to the downgrade it worked without any softbricks though I'm glad you managed to downgrade your n3DS too though! :D And you have the best new 3DS, small one with the colored buttons and in white is so beautiful! ^.^
Such a gorgeous little console! Makes me sad I didn't get a white Vita too :blush: You were on New 3DS as well right? What entry point did you use?

Reactions: SkyDX
D

Dork

Can someone help me? I have soft bricked 5 times trying to downgrade, yet no matter what I do my 3DS refuses to be downgraded.
>Original Launch model 3DS
>10.3.0-28U
>use browserhax to install menuhax
>boot julian's latest sysUpdater build through menuhax
>correct 9.2U cia files in the updates folder
>"Updates successfully installed. Rebooting in 10 seconds."
>reboot
>"An error has occured."

I'm following the directions exactly and yet it fails everytime. Are some models just impossible to downgrade?

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Such a gorgeous little console! Makes me sad I didn't get a white Vita too :blush: You were on New 3DS as well right? What entry point did you use?

It sure is! And yeah the white Vita 1000 is beautiful but the white/blue Vita Slim takes the crown for me: http://i.imgur.com/hO9zMnc.jpg
And yes I'm on a new 3DS aswell, the same you have :) I used MenuHax 2.0 bound to my L button till it eventually worked! Once I'm done with CFW and dumping my physical GBA and 3DS games onto my SD card I'm thinking of making custom faceplates to make my 3DS into the best handheld I ever owned! :o

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Can someone help me? I have soft bricked 5 times trying to downgrade, yet no matter what I do my 3DS refuses to be downgraded.
>10.3.0-28U
>reboot
>"An error has occured."

I'm following the directions exactly and yet it fails everytime. Are some models just impossible to downgrade?
Did you check the MD5 of the 9.2 pack? Also, did you use the (Full) 9.2 pack or a different one?

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
>10.3.0-28U
>reboot
>"An error has occured."

Try to format your sysNAND before the downgrade, that helped some.

Reactions: Dork and Ridge

Rafakun

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After downgrading to 9.2 I can't seem to get into HBL

My o3DSXL was in 10.3 (theme, browser and ironhax working just fine in 10.3) and i manage to downgrade to 9.2 with no complications . But now in 9.2 i just can't run any of those metods, any clues?

I already have updated to 10.3 and have done the donwgrade twice.

Thx!

Last edited by Rafakun,

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway

My o3DSXL was in 10.3 and i manage to downgrade to 9.2 with no complications (theme, browser and ironhax working just fine). But now in 9.2 i just can't run any of those metods, any clues?

Thx!

What methods are available to you? Only the ones you mentioned? Try configuring IronHax for 9.2 while you're on 10.3, then downgrade.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

My o3DSXL was in 10.3 and i manage to downgrade to 9.2 with no complications (theme, browser and ironhax working just fine). But now in 9.2 i just can't run any of those metods, any clues?

Thx!
You may have to reinstall the *Hax for each entrypoint after a downgrade, since you're running a different firmware than before.

Rafakun

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What methods are available to you? Only the ones you mentioned? Try configuring IronHax for 9.2 while you're on 10.3, then downgrade.
Yes, only iron, browse and menu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You may have to reinstall the *Hax for each entrypoint after a downgrade, since you're running a different firmware than before.
I tried, but seem it dasant work, not even the browsehax works.

Av448

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
a bit off-topic but for the same purpose as all of you

any tips on how to make the 3DS update NOT fail?

25 hours trying to update by now, this is killing me

and i am in recovery mode so when the download auto-quits it doesn't even start where it was before

what to do???

ayylmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the SysUpdater in the OP the latest one? Also how do i know if Nintendo is pushing new updates / dummy updates i would like to have a failsafe and update through recovery mode if something goes wrong.

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
is the SysUpdater in the OP the latest one? Also how do i know if Nintendo is pushing new updates / dummy updates i would like to have a failsafe and update through recovery mode if something goes wrong.

There's gonna be 3DS and Wii U downtime next week, so I think a new update might come then. Take it with a grain of salt tho, I'm just predicting. OP's sysUpdater is, I guess the most recent from official sources. Again, more grains of salt. I know @julian20 made some patches, with their most recent one being here. I used that one to downgrade my PAL New 3DS on 10.3.

Last edited by Ridge,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp