Simple GBA Mode Switcher

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Vampirex, Jun 3, 2009.

Jun 3, 2009

Simple GBA Mode Switcher by Vampirex at 6:40 AM (1,804 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Vampirex
    OP

Member Vampirex Dhampir

Canada
    I know this is a little old. But im sure not many out there know about this cool little application.
    I was wondering how i could load my GBA games in Slot-2 from Moonshell 2 w/o loading AKAIO or reset the DS. (Will work with any homebrew loaders. This was meant for R4)
    Then i found this: http://www.cryptosystem.org/archives/2007/...-mode-switcher/

Simple GBA Mode Switcher
    Coding, Homebrew, NDS — ryanfb @ 5:05 pm

With Slot-1 DS flash carts, you sometimes want to boot a GBA cart in Slot-2. There’s probably something already out there for this, but I couldn’t find one so I made a small and simple GBA mode switcher. It uses the setting you’ve selected in your DS firmware to determine which screen to run on. This is probably the shortest DS code I’ll ever write, so source is included in this post.

Download: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=561

Actually i found the file on gbatemp... but not much posts about it

Too Bad there's no frames like AKAIO or FAS1

2. AlexeySinitsyn

Newcomer AlexeySinitsyn Advanced Member

Is there the same program, but with background picture support like GameYob/AKAIO has?
    [​IMG]

3. migles

Member migles Official fishy stick giver

Trinidad and Tobago
    gameyob runs on DS mode, it is an emulator that runs gbc games under ds mode.

gba mode, is making the ds actually using the gba hardware for play gba games.
    the gba games under gbamode run almost exactly like a real gba, therefore having a black border..
    its not possible to run in gbamode and using stuff that belongs to the DS for example the rest of the screen.

and of course this is a thread from 2009.. necrobumping is not a good thing :(

4. AlexeySinitsyn

Newcomer AlexeySinitsyn Advanced Member

Ok, but how AKAIO boots GBA from Slot-2 with frame?

5. migles

Member migles Official fishy stick giver

Trinidad and Tobago
    because it runs under ds mode