Sim city 4 combatability

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by GlitchytheHackermain, Sep 4, 2018.

1. GlitchytheHackermain
    OP

GlitchytheHackermain GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2017
    Canada
    I have a disk release of sim city 4 and i want to play it but becuse of windows 10 changes i cannot due to a missing driver, ( atleat thats what i read)

Is there some way to use the disk copy to get the steam version? Or do i have to use a virtual machine

Also does sim city 4 work on windows 7? If so, how? When i try to run from instaled exe it says i need admin privlages ( and yes i am the admin) and if i try to run from disk nothing happens.

Help if ya can

2. GlitchytheHackermain
    OP

GlitchytheHackermain GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2017
    Canada
    So i tried runing it using the windows 7 virtual machine to emulate winfows xp and it acctual began to start.... until...

"Hardware driver error"
    "Could not initalize direct draw."

...help?

3. Ev1lbl0w

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    Portugal
    Steam has an option to type in a CD/DVD serial key to activate a game, you can try thay. On your Library, at the bottom click Add a Game > Activate a Product on Steam...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also I think your computer can barely use the graphics card in virtual machine, that's probably the reason behind your error...

4. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    the reason it won't run is due to the DRM it uses that windows 10 disables, if your copy of windows 7 and 8 are updated it also won't work. the drm is called safedisc if you want to look into what games use it

here's my piece of advice, it's worked for me for numerous games; if the installer still runs and installs fine, install the game, and then install a no-cd crack, it'll work fine just after

source: i've done this exact thing for need for speed carbon, most wanted, underground, heroes of might & magic 3-4, some madagascar game from 2005, etc