shutting down WODE

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by regnad, Aug 31, 2014.

1. regnad
    OP

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    This is possibly an embarrassingly stupid noob question, but is there any way to shut down the WODE other than physically holding down the power button on the Wii for a few seconds until the whole thing shuts down?

When I try to shut down with the Wiimote, it's just the Wii that shuts down, and the WODE continues running.

2. rctgamer3

rctgamer3 GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    The WODE is powered by the DVD ribbon cable. If the DVD drive receives power, the WODE does so too. AKA ALWAYS. The only thing I can think of is to unplug the screen from the flat cable by opening the WODE stand and to unplug the screen cable from the board inside the stand.

3. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    There seems to be something wrong with your setup. The WODE should turn on and off with the wii, if you shut down your wii the wode should also shut down.

4. rctgamer3

rctgamer3 GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    There's nothing wrong with my setup. This behaviour depends on the standby setting of the Wii.
    I still have it set to power off to idle mode (yellow). As WC24 is down/dead, I guess there's no need for the Wii to be in standby anymore.

5. regnad
    OP

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Can the Wii be set to shut down in some way other than standby? If so, where is this done?

6. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Settings | Wii Settings | <next page to the right> | WiiConnect24 | WiiConnect24 | Off | Confirm

This stops external HDDs spinning down for softmodded systems also, best to have it off.
    Power LED should be red if system is fully off (well, as much as a device with soft power-on is ever 'fully off').

7. regnad
    OP

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Thank you!