Shrink a WBFS Partition

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Pokemon128, Feb 16, 2013.

Feb 16, 2013

Shrink a WBFS Partition by Pokemon128 at 5:49 AM (570 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Pokemon128
    OP

Newcomer Pokemon128 Newbie

United States
    I have a WBFS partition with 1.5TB on a 2TB hard drive. I've come to realize I will never need anywhere close to that much space. Is there a way for me to convert 1TB of that WBFS partition over to my (currently 500GB) Fat32 partition without losing any of my games?

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    You really want to keep the WBFS partition format?
    Because you can now use FAT32 partition with all USBLoaders, and you can convert your WBFS partition to FAT32 without loosing any games.
    Use wbfs2fat (look in my signature) to convert your partition.

If you really want to keep the WBFS format, I don't know any software managing the partition size. You'll have to create a new one and transfer your games (very long process, while converting to FAT32 takes less than one second if your games are not corrupted).

3. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    I too suggest converting the whole partition to fat32
    there thould be software that can then merge the resulting 2 fat partitions into on with the combined size and files
    (or shrink one and grow the other if you want to keep to two partitions)

afaik there is no software that supports shrinking a wbfs partition
    while creating such a tool should be comparativelty easy there doesn't seem to be much interest to do it
    so unless you are doing it youself or offering a nice reward I wouldn't bet on anyone taking it up