Hacking Show us your Jig!

abdul85pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How? I'm not good with modding the hardware.

You can just bridge 9 and 10.

NHbBhz8.jpg

Last edited by abdul85pl,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's mine. If any members of this forum want one they can have two for £4 posted anywhere in the worldView attachment 122767

Got mine on ebay

I've ordered this jig (ebay link)
This thread didn't exist then :(

I'm a bit concerned as well, does anyone know if this one is safe? The seller alledgely tested before sending.
I also have that one, it doesn't work quite well, I have to really force it in. Seller send a mail that the first batch was faulty and another jig is sent out, that was two weeks ago, I did not receive it. (First one came after 4 or 5 days). Well I got a refund and I'll be getting the SX Pro anyway which comes with a jig, so screw it.

MikeDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also have that one, it doesn't work quite well, I have to really force it in. Seller send a mail that the first batch was faulty and another jig is sent out, that was two weeks ago, I did not receive it. (First one came after 4 or 5 days). Well I got a refund and I'll be getting the SX Pro anyway which comes with a jig, so screw it.

IveI had so many problems with these jigs. Think my first batxh damaged my switch and all the ones i i test since then have been tested on a faulty switch which waa then easier to rcm. Absolute nightmare. I only wanted to make jigs available to the community cheaply and its ended up coating a lot of time and money :(

abdul85pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is potentially bad because the button press is supposedly sent to nintendo on boot
I completly don't understand what's you mean mate....
Some have reported trouble with latest joy-con firmware. Here is solution (i'm doing it with mine tomorrow):
20180527_090139.jpg

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made mine from an old LG charge connector, cutting away the plastic and made it easy to slide up and down the Joycon rail. The LG connector was just an unused connector from an old powerbank, so it came in handy. B-)

IMG_20180601_185204.jpg

IMG_20180601_185328.jpg

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just pushed the10th pin down with the thingy verse paperclip jig. Any way to fix this? Joy-con is charging in hand held mode but isn’t shown as connected to the device

jag2004

Trophies
XP
Country
How long does it take for a 3d printer to print the JIG?
The price here is 10 € / hour and I would like to know the price that I will pay.
I do not understand anything about 3d printers.
Thank you very much.

abdul85pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How long does it take for a 3d printer to print the JIG?
The price here is 10 € / hour and I would like to know the price that I will pay.
I do not understand anything about 3d printers.
Thank you very much.
Under 1 minute. It takes more to warm up.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I got a jig off eBay for like three bucks. But the wire the guy used was s**t. Too soft and thin so wasn't making contact. I had a spare ethernet cord. Happens to have solid copper for it's wires and it's just a tad thicker and still fits in the jig. :D

This is the result:

TheJig.jpg

It really helps to add those bumps at the end. Do this AFTER you inserted the wire into the jig. Doing it before is not a good idea as most likely you'll have trouble threading the wire into the tiny holes on top of the jig. ;)

My jig now works every time I use it. If you have trouble getting into RCM mode. Try what I did. It will likely work. Ethernet cords are cheap too. Just buy the shortest one you can find. It most likely uses solid copper for it's wires and is perfect for RCM jigs. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: