Hacking Show us your Jig!

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just have some tin foil taped to my joycon bridging the 9th and 10th pins, and I can leave it on the joycon and it doesnt cause any issues.
tin foil can break/rip or otherwise fall apart. and bits and pieces of it could cause a fatal short if they come to the wrong pins

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok because someone said u need to reinsert it back into the switch.
but i dont think u need to
well you will need the jig in everytime if you are on 4.0 and above I believe. Thats why i keep mine in my joycon always so I can always have it with me and not worry

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

tin foil can break/rip or otherwise fall apart. and bits and pieces of it could cause a fatal short if they come to the wrong pins
not too much of an issue if I keep that joycon in. but ya that can be an issue down the road but I dotn think it would rip apart so easily if it barely moves

Lmaokernel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you guys get your jig from? I don't have a 3d printer so I bought one on ebay and it's garbage. I was only able to get it to work one time out of the many times I tried. Contacted the seller and they told me to bend the end of the pins up a bit but that didn't help.

Also can anyone tell me what usb c cable to use in order to send the payload with the NX Loader android app? I have a razer phone and I tried the USB c to USB c cable that came with it but can't seem to get it to work. Sending payload from a pc works though...when I can get lucky and the rcm jig actually works

Sent from my toaster running rebug

Maoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Say, there are many jigs on Ebay and I'm worried about the fact most of them look cheaply made, should I be concerned that a cheap jig could break the pins inside my switch?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Say, there are many jigs on Ebay and I'm worried about the fact most of them look cheaply made, should I be concerned that a cheap jig could break the pins inside my switch?
definitely a reason to be concerned a little.
there've been several people who broke their pins in the rail with paperclips or screws that were too thick, so if you go for a printed jig, when using it first, be careful, dont jam it in and possibly use sandpaper to make it a bit thinner or to get rid of sharp edges on the paperclips.

Hazersub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Iam 2 method

Attachments

• 20180521_102519.jpg
    20180521_102519.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 553
  • 20180521_102944.jpg
    20180521_102944.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 566

TheKerplunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Interesting! I printed out the same jig to replace my first print of the original F0F jig, but found it almost impossible to feed the wire through the holes; it's pretty much sealed despite me being able to see the channel for it through the jig (used clear PLA). Printed at 100 microns so the resolution should be fine enough.

Did you need to pilot the holes with a sewing pin or something like that first?

I figured that was going to be a problem so I asked the guy to print 5 of them.
I couldn't feed the wire through 3 of them, and the other 2 it was kind of hard to do it.
It is worth noting that this wasn't the best 3D print.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you look at the pins on the joycon itself, they are soft and springy. Contrast that with the hard and abrasive paperclip used on some jigs and I'd say concern is justified.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone here ordered and received a jig from @gamesquest1 ? It's been a week ago today since I ordered and have yet to receive anything, as well as being met with radio silence when asking for an estimate of how long it should take to arrive and if a refund would be in place should it not arrive in about another week and a half. I apologize for calling him out on the forums over this but it's highly worrying and may serve as a red flag for anyone else considering purchasing from him.

Last edited by Irastris,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good to know. Me being American I can understand that it might take some time to arrive, but the deal about him not responding to my inquiries is rather unprofessional for someone trying to be a business and only serves to freak out your customers.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Has anyone here ordered and received a jig from @gamesquest1 ? It's been a week ago today since I ordered and have yet to receive anything, as well as being met with radio silence when asking for an estimate of how long it should take to arrive and if a refund would be in place should it not arrive in about another week and a half. I apologize for calling him out on the forums over this but it's highly worrying and may serve as a red flag for anyone else considering purchasing from him.
I thought I had replied to anyone who messaged me, lemme go check ^_^

just for reference for others shipping outside of EU has a ETA of 5-10 days from the day its posted if anyone else is waiting

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Irastris

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
made another design, jig is smaller/slimmer to make sure it fits, pretty happy with the results :)

20180505_122321.jpg

20180505_121421.jpg

should help make sure it doesn't go missing ( although having a 3d printer makes that a minor inconvenience tbh)

Ordered this from Ebay, guessing from you :)
Hope it arrives soon. And thanks for this!

theinstagator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tha
@theinstagator So you're the one selling them! I was browsing ebay and i bought one too. That keyring attachment is a genius feature.

If you only have one order for Portugal, its mine. :D
Thank you :), I knew it would come in handy for me as I'm always losing things and thought others might like the idea too

I figured that was going to be a problem so I asked the guy to print 5 of them.
I couldn't feed the wire through 3 of them, and the other 2 it was kind of hard to do it.
It is worth noting that this wasn't the best 3D print.
I had the same problem initially, it took a bit of trial and error but just had to increase the diameter of the holes which works better in the end as you can position the thinner wire pointing back towards the jig and avoiding it catching on and damaging the terminals

Where did you guys get your jig from? I don't have a 3d printer so I bought one on ebay and it's garbage. I was only able to get it to work one time out of the many times I tried. Contacted the seller and they told me to bend the end of the pins up a bit but that didn't help.

Also can anyone tell me what usb c cable to use in order to send the payload with the NX Loader android app? I have a razer phone and I tried the USB c to USB c cable that came with it but can't seem to get it to work. Sending payload from a pc works though...when I can get lucky and the rcm jig actually works

Sent from my toaster running rebug
I don't think that was one of mine but that doesn't sound good, where abouts are you based? I'll send you one of mine for free and see how you get on :)

Klavice Gavin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Polymira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3D Printed this guy and sacrificed an Ethernet cable for the wire. It worked great on the first go. Getting the wire through the holes was a pain at first, but it's all in getting the wire as straight as possible first (since it's in twisted pairs coming from an ethernet cable)

3dprcmjig.jpg

Last edited by Polymira,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson