Hacking Show SD Channels on USBLoader GX?

Hking0036

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the patched IOS80 (v6944[FS-ES-NP-VP]) from ModMii to launch channels directly off the SD, is there a custom path setting to read these in the menu or are they only accessible through the wii system menu?

Last edited by Hking0036,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should launch like any titles purchased and downloaded from the Wii Shop: either from the menu or the SD menu. Launching from SD is slow because they have to be copied to NAND in a temporary area and unpacked first. The menu can't run them directly from the content.bin file.

Hking0036

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should launch like any titles purchased and downloaded from the Wii Shop: either from the menu or the SD menu. Launching from SD is slow because they have to be copied to NAND in a temporary area and unpacked first. The menu can't run them directly from the content.bin file.
Before I patched IOS80 it did the copying thing and loaded it to system memory first, and it wouldn't show up in usbloader until after you copied it to system memory. Now it just says 'launching', it doesn't do the copying part. I think it just loads them from SD direct.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I patched IOS80 it did the copying thing and loaded it to system memory first, and it wouldn't show up in usbloader until after you copied it to system memory. Now it just says 'launching', it doesn't do the copying part. I think it just loads them from SD direct.

The system menu does not load directly from the SD. It always copies them first. Nothing else can load the content.bin files that the system menu creates.

If you have a bunch of titles and don't want to mess with the system menu I'd suggest dumping your NAND to SD or a USB HDD and using a cIOS that supports EmuNAND. Most titles will run as if they were started from the system menu but a few (Konami Rebirth and some N64 VC titles) require another method called NEEK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended