Shovel Knight DLC's

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Ryuugekiken, May 26, 2017.

1. Ryuugekiken
    OP

Ryuugekiken Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    United States
    How can I get these DLC's for shovel knight? I cannot access eshop as my 3DS is region changed. Freeshop doesnt seem to have DLC's for download nor CIAngel. How do I know if I already have the DLC installed?

2. wuboy

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    Shovel Knight's DLC is free, so it's there in the latest update, there's no separate DLC to download.
    If you want to play as Plague Knight or Specter Knight, either beat Shovel Knight's story mode or use the character unlock code.

3. Ryuugekiken
    OP

Ryuugekiken Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    United States
    Ok, but does the game update itself every time i start it as long as I'm connected to internet or does it get updated through eshop? - because I don't have eshop access.

4. wuboy

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    You'll have to download the update cia yourself I believe.

5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    You have to install the update. If you region change, find the proper game of the region you changed to.
    USA system > USA shovel knight > Update.

If you don't have the same region you have to find a update cia for the region yourself. Updating from eshop (Selecting game on home menu and pressing Y button) Will not work.
    USA system > JAP shovel Knight X Update.

In this case you have to install the update file yourself. Unless you have a good reason for playing a Out of region game, you should stick to the game of the region the system uses for less headache. Is possible free shop has the update file needed. Side note, I'm pretty sure Spectre night can only be played if you pay for the re-released published game Shovel Knight treasure trove edition or the stand alone spetre night game.

Is not DLC of any form, is a full game and updates will add additional characters including King night campaign in future update.

Just to be clear, there is shovel knight which should be $15 and has plague night as free update. Then shovel knight treasure trove that is $25 and has included spectre knight and will include king knight as free update. Depending on which you have, you may not have access to what you expecting. (THERE IS NO CURRENT UPDATE FOR TREASURE TROVE EDITION)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, May 27, 2017
    Ryuugekiken likes this.
  6. robertrobertblaze11

robertrobertblaze11 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    want to know where i live huh,u perverted stalker
    change ur region same as ur game then update