Hacking should we consider saving miiverse?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,091
  • Replies 45
  • Likes 5

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
Since it's going to cut off certain online features in games and communication between friends on the system, I would personally try to make an alternative. YouTube uploads will be gone, you won't be able to find or comment on replays and stages, tournaments will be gone, BLADE objectives/reports in Xenoblade will be gone, and overall would affect most of the online features as a whole.

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Lets create some alternate server to redirect miiverse. This is really sad for some games like Zelda WW, Wii U Fit, SSB, NSMB, etc

Reactions: k7ra

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
@shutterbug2000 is supposedly working on it... Or, at least that's what I heard in the RiiConnect24 Discord.
Can confirm that shutterbug is working on it from the RiiConnect24 Discord. Confirmed by moderator.

riiconnectdiscordmod.PNG

riiconnectdiscordsnip.png

Last edited by Gamer4647,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think one of the issues I have with this is, when they end Miiverse, how will you be able to message your friends through the messenger (Wii U)? Is the last day going to be people giving out info to purposely break broken rules?

Hoping someone could make a messenger service or optimize Discord for Wii U.

Reactions: Deleted User

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
shutterbug2000 from the RiiConnect24 team is working on a Miiverse custom server, so messaging will still be possible. A Discord homebrew would be cool to have though.

Last edited by Gamer4647,
Reactions: PrincessLillie

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I think one of the issues I have with this is, when they end Miiverse, how will you be able to message your friends through the messenger (Wii U)? Is the last day going to be people giving out info to purposely break broken rules?

Hoping someone could make a messenger service or optimize Discord for Wii U.
Delete all people and add them through AMiivers, so then you would know who have hacked it.
There can be other problem, Nin can try ban consoles based on it (IF it would be launched in not safe way)

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, yeah... well, console bans would happen on any NNID. Apart from clearing out your friends, maybe use the Following list for those using the custom server. Since the Wii U only normally has the Friends list outside of Miiverse, it would probably be empty anyway, or broken.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Oh, yeah... well, console bans would happen on any NNID. Apart from clearing out your friends, maybe use the Following list for those using the custom server. Since the Wii U only normally has the Friends list outside of Miiverse, it would probably be empty anyway, or broken.
Yeah, that's what I want to say...

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People should care less about "Miiverse" itself and more about the games features. We can try to archive Miiverse with communities, posts and drawings, but there are still a much more larger part that is dumping each game online requests to miiverse to later try to reproduce them on a custom server.
The social network is just the tip of the iceberg.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Choice video

From a practical perspective though it is a service of little value from what I can see. Previous efforts to recreate server environments have actually served a purpose where this would be minor and trifling for games and only really speak to the ideas underpinning the video above otherwise.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be cool if it could be saved just for the games that use it.

I wonder if they are going to push another system update when they kill it or was the last system update all they needed to prepare for it.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
So what is stopping anyone from starting a class action lawsuit against Nintendo? I am not asking this in a rhetorical way. Is there something that would make us lose against Nintendo? Do they really have a right to drop an advertised feature?

I bought my Wii U in October 2016. Kinda crappy that a year later they discontinue some services.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol