Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well, since there is no general console discussion or any other general discussion for the 3DS right now, I figured I'd ask here. Should I trade my DSi in for $75 off of a 3DS? I'm leaning towards trading it in, it's still in pretty good condition and everything, but I don't really see myself using it while I have my 3DS. Think it's a good idea? Or should I keep it and just buy it for $250 instead?

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i've heard ds games look blurry on the 3ds because the ds resolution doesn't scale perfectly with the 3ds's resolution
also heard loading times were much longer

also 3ds battery sucks hard

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
I don't agree. I think pokemon white at least looks perfect/unnoticeably different. I also think the battery may be slightly worse off than a DS lite etc but when playing DS games you'll still get several hours of play easily. It's using 3DS games which gives proper reason to whinge about battery life.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i heard about 6 hours for ds games in 3ds, about 3-3.5 hours playing 3ds games w/ 3d (dsi gets about 10 hours)

also, it's supposedly more apparent on text, but it's just in general more blurry

probably any game like white with 3d graphics would look fine while a game with clearly defined lines wouldn't look as good

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Dylan said:
I think you'll find there is buddy. Try looking a little harder

Woah...How did I miss that? Well damn.

QUOTE(Terminator02 @ Apr 3 2011, 10:04 PM) well i've heard ds games look blurry on the 3ds because the ds resolution doesn't scale perfectly with the 3ds's resolution
also heard loading times were much longer

also 3ds battery sucks hard

Yeah I heard about the look of the DS games, but I don't mind to much about it. Loading times might get a bit annoying after awhile though. I don't plan on taking it with me everywhere, it's just for a bit of light gaming and such so the battery life isn't to much of a problem. Are their any particular games you think I should get? Super Monkey Ball 3D is a definite, but any other launch titles look good?

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
You can change the resolution back to the normal DS on the 3DS. It just doesn't stretch, so the blur filter is unneeded. Don't ask me how. The instruction booklet with the 3DS will say.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
only longer loading times i know of are when booting a DS(i) game.
and that loading time is only when booting(so not during ingame loading) and doesn't take more time than the health and safety warning screen on a DS(i)

D

Deleted-236924

suprgamr232 said:
Dylan said:
I think you'll find there is buddy. Try looking a little harder

Woah...How did I miss that? Well damn.

CTRL+F, my friend.

Terminator02 said:
QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Apr 3 2011, 11:01 PM)
You can change the resolution back to the normal DS on the 3DS. It just doesn't stretch, so the blur filter is unneeded. Don't ask me how. The instruction booklet with the 3DS will say.
yeah but then it's TINY
Then it means it is tiny on a regular DS as well.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Terminator02 said:
Nathan Drake said:
yeah but then it's TINY
Then it means it is tiny on a regular DS as well.
no it doesn't, the 3ds's pixels are all obviously closer together to get a higher pixel density ratio, if you change it to the same resolution on the 3ds it would take significantly less surface area , making everything puny

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE