Hacking Should I wait for iEvolution?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I don't know what to do. I'm sure you guys are getting tired of these threads that are popping up. Anyways:

I don't know what I should do. Should I grab a DSTWO now, or should I wait for the iEvolution and see what that has to offer?

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here's what I have to say to your argument for an iEvolution.

DS2

Even as a Cyclo user, I know that the DS2 is better than the iEvolution. I can be wrong though, but I'd take the DS2.

If you're THAT unsure, wait until it comes out, read a review, compare, and make your choice.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
I'm very curious as well about the iEvo. If it's good, I'll get one.

But don't forget: Owners of "Classic CycloDS" got no updates in the past months. Even if that might change magically in the next weeks: Do you really want to support such a team with your cash..?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Etalon said:
I'm very curious as well about the iEvo. If it's good, I'll get one.

But don't forget: People of the "Classic CycloDS" got no updates in the past months. Even if that might change magically in the next weeks: Do you really want to support such a team with your cash..?

It was a while before I could play the newer games on my Acekard with AKAIO. So eh. And besides, I have 2 more cards that if I need to use them, I will.

But for all we know, that team has been working on the iEvo so they can get it out fast, and then they'll just pump out updates. Not sure about the site though.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Yes. They are working on something.

But it would be nice to get the iEdge working on 1.4.1 first, you know. Just as an example.

-- We'll see. I'm not sure what to expect from Team Cyclops. But there reputation is a bit R4-Deluxe-like for me right now.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm inclined to try and reach a decision depending on how helpful their next update for the Cyclo is. If their next update holds water, then iEvolution may well be worth waiting for.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think the iEvolution will have much to offer that the DSTwo already doesn't, plus the fact it would probably be full-featured on launch either.

I'd just go for the DSTwo now frankly, because it's late November and Xmas mail is a pain.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I say wait to see what the iEvo has to offer, since it's only a couple of weeks away
if you had ask this question a month or two ago, I would say get the dstwo
just be prepared to pay up to $50 for it..and hope TC keeps it updated

If you do buy it, you probably won't see it until next year
it will be released 2nd week of December + 2 weeks shipping + holidays + shitty hong kong delivery = next year
unless you find a shop that guarantees delivery before Xmas

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dimensional said:
ShadowFyre said:
don't u think that the ismart team is a lil inconsistent? they already have problems they haven't fixed (or even addressed?) with their first flash cart.
Wrong thread to discuss that.

He was referring to someone who recommended me to get an iSmart instead of a DSTWO/iEvo.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
PharaohsVizier said:
You do have to realize that this is just recently. CycloDS owners have enjoyed some of the fastest updates for ages now. Supercard DS TWO may be on a roll right now, but even the Supercard team had some down time every now and then with the Supercard DS ONE.

Yes, but it's now, and they're offering this card now.

What happens if there's going to be a DSi 1.5 update in march, how long would it take TC to fix that? We don't know that. But we know that we can trust Acekard / Supercard right now.

Anyway: Still waiting for the feature list of iEvo. Maybe it doesn't even have anything special to offer.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Dimensional said:
ShadowFyre said:
don't u think that the ismart team is a lil inconsistent? they already have problems they haven't fixed (or even addressed?) with their first flash cart.
Wrong thread to discuss that.

He was referring to someone who recommended me to get an iSmart instead of a DSTWO/iEvo.
Ah. sorry. Nevermind.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just thinking about right now is a bit short-sighted. Don't forget, when the DS One had its downtime, then was "now" too.

Personally, I think I might wait and see how the iEvolution is. DSi with no card at the moment, so I've no trouble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse