rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or downgrade to 4.5 from 8.1?
I already have CFW and an emuNand @ 9.9 set up, and everything seems to work for the most part (aside from the Boot options within rxTools for some reason).
I just didn't know if there were any reasons to go with either. I currently run rxTools from Cubic Ninja retail.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know how people can justify running a 4.x sysNAND these days, especially if you have Ninjhax available. Pasta, rxtools, reinand and cakes can all be launched from 9.2 via Ninjhax.

I'm sure someone will chime in with a reason to downgrade to 4.5, but nothing is coming to mind for me.

Reactions: WhoAmI? and tivu100

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how people can justify running a 4.x sysNAND these days, especially if you have Ninjhax available. Pasta, rxtools, reinand and cakes can all be launched from 9.2 via Ninjhax.

I'm sure someone will chime in with a reason to downgrade to 4.5, but nothing is coming to mind for me.
This ^.

Also as you are on 8.1 your game save will become corrupted if you downgrade to 4.x.

Reactions: Zidapi

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not needing to use CN to boot your cfw? I think the point is to be able to launch your emunand / cfw though the profile exploit.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

4.x SysNAND enables you to run MSET 4.x methods without manually downgrade the MSET.
Also GW 4.x Downgrade pack seems to include the browser, which is hard for us to get individually now (CDN).
However downgrade any above 7.x to 4.x would cause some of your save games corrupted.
-- Not a huge problem, since you could use SDF to export the saves and downgrade and get the emunand with SDF to import them back.

Reactions: Zidapi

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.x SysNAND enables you to run MSET 4.x methods without manually downgrade the MSET.
Also GW 4.x Downgrade pack seems to include the browser, which is hard for us to get individually now (CDN).
However downgrade any above 7.x to 4.x would cause some of your save games corrupted.
-- Not a huge problem, since you could use SDF to export the saves and downgrade and get the emunand with SDF to import them back.
The last part is new to me. Correct me if I am wrong. The EmuNand uses the same key based on the firmware on SysNand. For example, 9.9 Emunand on 4.x SysNand use the key of 4.x firmware. If the game cart's then used with >5.x, the game save said to be corrupted. Same thing the other way.

On the side note, doesn't Ninjhax 2.0 work better with >=9.x (not sure whether it works with <9.x tbh)?

rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This pretty much sums up everything I needed to know. I don't really have any saves on this console, as I just got it a few days ago and have just been messing around with it. Since I primarily just boot CFW with rxTools, I'll probably just leave it as is, until I have to chancge something for whatever reason.
Thanks for the info, guys.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not needing to use CN to boot your cfw? I think the point is to be able to launch your emunand / cfw though the profile exploit.
Can't you downgrade MSET from all of the available CFWs though?

1. Acquire downgraded MSET .cia
  2. Boot into sigcheck patched sysNAND
  3. Using FBI uninstall 9.2 MSET
  4. Immediately install downgraded MSET

Also, OP is already using a CFW loaded via Ninjhax so maybe he doesn't care about MSET launching. If he does, he shouldn't need to downgrade to make it happen.

This pretty much sums up everything I needed to know. I don't really have any saves on this console, as I just got it a few days ago and have just been messing around with it. Since I primarily just boot CFW with rxTools, I'll probably just leave it as is, until I have to chancge something for whatever reason.
Thanks for the info, guys.
No problem, glad we could be of assistance.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The last part is new to me. Correct me if I am wrong. The EmuNand uses the same key based on the firmware on SysNand. For example, 9.9 Emunand on 4.x SysNand use the key of 4.x firmware. If the game cart's then used with >5.x, the game save said to be corrupted. Same thing the other way.
You're right. SysNAND < 6.0 corrupts all KeyY 6.0 encrypted retail cart saves.
He must mean that you can backup the save before downgrading.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you downgrade MSET from all of the available CFWs though?

1. Acquire downgraded MSET .cia
  2. Boot into sigcheck patched sysNAND
  3. Using FBI uninstall 9.2 MSET
  4. Immediately install downgraded MSET

Also, OP is already using a CFW loaded via Ninjhax so maybe he doesn't care about MSET launching. If he does, he shouldn't need to downgrade to make it happen.

No problem, glad we could be of assistance.

I could be wrong, but I think the Mset.cia is only for N3DS. If not, then yeah.. I'd see no point in going to 4.5. :)

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How about owning an O3DS with GW?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How about owning an O3DS with GW?

You do have the option to downgrade any time you want as long as you're on 9.2 or lower, so that's not a problem.

But if someone doesn't own a gateway (and clearly OP doesn't), then there's no point staying on 4.5, as he still needs to use CN on both versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi: you wish